Brake Pad recommendation?

denniszz

My ride is E90 05 320i, brake pad is going to replace soon, any recommendation for lesser brake dust? Or take back the OEM brake pad?

Re: Brake Pad recommendation?

if less brake dust is what you are looking for, the answer is cool carbon brake pads. i'm using them.
check out boss thread, not sure got application for 320.
just you know, it squeek at low speed and has clik-clak sound at rear (double confirm) after 10k-15k+ milleage. need to service the brake, then ok

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;663316 said:
if less brake dust is what you are looking for, the answer is cool carbon brake pads. i'm using them.
check out boss thread, not sure got application for 320.
just you know, it squeek at low speed and has clik-clak sound at rear (double confirm) after 10k-15k+ milleage. need to service the brake, then ok

Today @ BVO, they advise me to use back original brake pad... other in the market not so effective when braking... dunno true or not... :(

How much is the cool carbon brake pads?

I am using EBC green on my E60.

Brake dust very much reduced compared to stock and braking / biting power is there.

Only got the squeak sound in morning / wet conditions when low speed braking or parking, but is acceptable to me as this is also evident in the stock brake pads.

I got mine changed at R2D

actually oem brake pad is sufficient for normal driving la if you are ok with the brake dust.
anyway, after 1 week or so, rims sure dirty one la whether got plenty of brake dust or not.
after market brake pads normally squeak because of the material used and more expensive. the choice is yours.

denniszz;663325 said:
Today @ BVO, they advise me to use back original brake pad... other in the market not so effective when braking... dunno true or not... :(

How much is the cool carbon brake pads?

It is an LPPL question.

Low brake dust = harder brake pad = Increase in rotor wear

High brake dust = softer brake pad = Less rotor wear

not entirely true...

try out the EBC Green pads. as good as, or even better than stock - less dust, and same performance.

tried and tested.

if you are have a more aggressive driving style, then try the Yellow or Red.

pricing is also very competitive.

davidtch;663418 said:
It is an LPPL question.

Low brake dust = harder brake pad = Increase in rotor wear

High brake dust = softer brake pad = Less rotor wear

garbage888;663401 said:
I am using EBC green on my E60.

Brake dust very much reduced compared to stock and braking / biting power is there.

Only got the squeak sound in morning / wet conditions when low speed braking or parking, but is acceptable to me as this is also evident in the stock brake pads.

I got mine changed at R2D

Wow.., sound good to me... hehe... R2D here i come... :)

jinooi;663444 said:
not entirely true...

try out the EBC Green pads. as good as, or even better than stock - less dust, and same performance.

tried and tested.

if you are have a more aggressive driving style, then try the Yellow or Red.

pricing is also very competitive.

Thanks bro... i will try this EBC Green brake pad. :)

Called R2D but no one answer... any other place to get EBC Green Brake Pad?

call again later in the evening. they open after 6pm.

jinooi;664385 said:
call again later in the evening. they open after 6pm.

oh... I see... plan to service my 100k servicing with them tomorrow but they are close on Friday... :(

Have to think of another source liao...

make an appointment .

your car will get more attention when you make an appointment cos rodney has more time to work on your car.

jinooi;664389 said:
make an appointment .

your car will get more attention when you make an appointment cos rodney has more time to work on your car.

Took leave tomorrow... plan to service tomorrow... SMS them on Tuesday... say Friday close... i hope they can service my ride...

denniszz;664393 said:
Took leave tomorrow... plan to service tomorrow... SMS them on Tuesday... say Friday close... i hope they can service my ride...

Hi, did you manage to install the EBC brake pads? Are you experiencing less brake dust now?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back