Brake Question

stefman

A few days ago, when turning on the car, got a message that need to change the rear brake pads. The warning, was still on the next time I turned on the car in the same day. However, the next day, there was no more warning message and now it says that the rear break pads need to be changed in 4000Km.

Anyone know what it could be? Is it false alarm or the sensor went crazy or what? Thanks.

Re: Brake Question

Regardless of the message popping out, time to change the pads... Along with it, the sensor will be replaced as well snd the meter resetted.

My iDrive said I have another 26,000km. My tyre shop removed my tyre and show me botak-bald tyre.

iDrive has tyre wear sensors? Mine only has brake wear indication leh.

Brake wear only....

Any bro to recommend good brake pads but yet economical prices? Need to change mine soon also and I'm not too good with cars also.
Asking as I dun wan to be con by work shops.
Merci!

BestManWins;719827 said:
Any bro to recommend good brake pads but yet economical prices? Need to change mine soon also and I'm not too good with cars also.
Asking as I dun wan to be con by work shops.
Merci!
Alvin said stock is d best. Stock brake pad is Textar. Call up Eng Soon or Golden Link to check out the price. Not forgeting there is 1 front & 1 rear brake pad sensor.

Also, run through ur rotor (when it is cold). If smooth smooth, no need to change.

156F1;718077 said:
iDrive has tyre wear sensors? Mine only has brake wear indication leh.

Sorry, I mean brake pad botak. Down to about half mm.

I changed all four at a regular workshop at Ubi. Remember about $600 including sensors.

MapleLeaf;719898 said:

I changed all four at a regular workshop at Ubi. Remember about $600 including sensors.

MapleLeaf,

Can advise the workshop contact at Ubi, please?

Thanks.

MapleLeaf;719898 said:

Wah.... Eng Soon quoted me the following for e90:

Front pads $120 / pair
Rear pads $105 / pair
Front sensor $14
Rear sensor $14
Total $253

Labour comes seperately.... of course...

Hi .. need advice from fellow forumers.

For F10, is it normal to change rear brake pad at 24K mileage? I do normal driving and do not go tracking. While I understand that such wear and tear depends on driving habit .. I have never come across the need to change brake pads for my previous rides .. partly becos I sold them around 60K mileage.

I have experience changing rear brake outside...PML...but encountered warning light issue...end up went back PML for fixing and repair...

they change brake pad never change the sensor izzit.. both need to change together one

Probably a bimmer-inexperienced mechanic..... sensors and pads must be replaced together...

lkm;720230 said:
Wah.... Eng Soon quoted me the following for e90:

Front pads $120 / pair
Rear pads $105 / pair
Front sensor $14
Rear sensor $14
Total $253

Labour comes seperately.... of course...

How much is labour ?

Need to hijack this thread as I am not allowed to post a new thread.

Just collected my F20 116i few hours ago and now the brakes are screeching real loud especially on slow braking.

SMS the SE and he said it is normal as the brakes are running in.

This is my first BMW, my previous ride was a Saab 93 and I don't remember hearing such loud screeching.

Please advise whether this is normal running in phenomenon.

Thank you,

Disable all brake sensors.... and check every servicing. Save my headache of seeing the error messages continuously.... and save money on Sensor cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betbond
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back