Brakes screeching sound

predator

my car produces a screeching sound everytime i step on the brakes, is it signs telling you to change brake pads or brake disc uneven already? Please advise. Thanks.

predator said:
my car produces a screeching sound everytime i step on the brakes, is it signs telling you to change brake pads or brake disc uneven already? Please advise. Thanks.

Cud be a few possibilities but not difficult to get em diagnosed.
Usually the brake pad sensor will come on as a tell tale if your brake pads are indeed, wearing out.

Uneven disc or warped disc doesnt necessarily make the screeching sound..Rather, you will feel ur vehicle juddering when you brake..

Anyway, when was the last time u had your brake pads change (if any)

My advice to you to send your car in for immediate check, don't ever mess ard with brakes!

i just sent my car for inspection I yesterday and told the CSA abt a similar screeching noise while braking. He took a look and said that there was "scoring" on the rotors. I have no idea what that means but he changed the rotors under warranty for me and the screeching noise is now gone.

just went to change my brake pads(all 4) and front rotors. At first screeching sound gone, but came back after a while. Mechanic says the pads and rotors take some time to sit in after a while should be ok. Will be monitoring for the next few days.

predator said:
just went to change my brake pads(all 4) and front rotors. At first screeching sound gone, but came back after a while. Mechanic says the pads and rotors take some time to sit in after a while should be ok. Will be monitoring for the next few days.

Yes, u should run in the rotors n pads first. I am sure the screeching noise will be gone.
Ensure you follow the run-in procedure. Gd luck

Re: Brakes screeching sound

thanks. hope the sound will go away soon. Notice the sound only comes on after driving for a while. Not when the car just started.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back