Buying E90 320

getalife

Dear Bro n Sis

Its been a year over since the launch of the E90, I am seriously considering buying one, guess the look has set in on me and my car is reaching its 5 year mark.

Pls advise if there is anything I shd look out for.

Has all problems been rectified?

Any comments will be most welcomed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Re: Buying E90 320

Problems? No leh...what problems. :) Its so darn well built.

Buy lah, quick COE is going up !

mai tu liao, kekekeke!

Thank you all for replies n the boost in my confidence.

Hve not got a fair quote frm my SE yet.

Will be test driving over the weekend.

Cheers

Ahbengdriver;144047 said:
Problems? No leh...what problems. :) Its so darn well built.

Buy lah, quick COE is going up !

Thanks AhBengDriver, I heard about the vibration and the poor feedback on the valvetronic engine. I am just a little concern.

Maybe you can help me.

Cheers n Thanks again.

if u can afford to stretch your budget, it is better to get the 6 cylinder, 325

i am also driving the 320i but it could be better if it has 6 cylinder instead of valvetronic.....maybe u want to test drive both to feel the difference....

320i is a nice car to drive, i am not putting it down so pls do not misunderstand.

como;144168 said:
if u can afford to stretch your budget, it is better to get the 6 cylinder, 325

i am also driving the 320i but it could be better if it has 6 cylinder instead of valvetronic.....maybe u want to test drive both to feel the difference....

320i is a nice car to drive, i am not putting it down so pls do not misunderstand.

Thanks Como,

I will face reality, 325 is indeed a stretch.

I was quoted S$136k (before rebate) for the 320...pls anyone with feedback welcomed.

Hi Getalife

We seem to be in the same situation, current car coming to end of 5 years and looking at the E90 320. Apparently, there was a promo a few months ago, where it was going for $125k before rebate. Suspect PML wanted to gain market share, esp after IS250 hit the mkt.

Price has now gone back up. Guess if you can wait, maybe PML may do another promo, esp with competitive new models like the volvo S60, C-class hitting the mkt. But its just my analysis and gut feel lah.

Beem UP

wait for the e92 coupe end of this yr! check it in the flesh ....

thats such a big asethetic improvement over e90...
sedan prices will drop juz before it comes out...

if u need a quote from my S.E,.. maybe u can PM me. I give u contacts.
He may be able to give a not so bad deal
cheers

Yes Guys Thanks,

Patience is a virtue, will get rid of my ride first.

Cheers

Dude,

Buying a car, like any technology driven items (unlike mundane items such as kitchen knives), is like buyig a computer...... you can wait forever and still not get the best best best deal.....

If you need/want one, set a price and just get it.... The reduce the price and change the specs, then you are back at square one..... or if you want flow price and many of the options for free, then wait for the next 3 series.... so you see, no end one......

You will probably kick yourself later for paying such a 'high' price, but what you don't see is how much you are enjoying the car......

But, the decision is solely yours to make.....

Happy hunting.....

hetraa;144690 said:
wait for the e92 coupe end of this yr! check it in the flesh ....

thats such a big asethetic improvement over e90...
sedan prices will drop juz before it comes out...

Why would PML wants to drop the price of e90 when they launch e92 coupe? In fact, it's serving a different market. Furthermore, there would definitely be a higher margin for e92 for sure. Judging from the current market share of e90 3 series against IS250 and Audi A4, there's not much of a threat actually. VW Passat can't even smell anything although it's a pretty good build and comes with more features. My gut feel is that the current price of e90 will hover with respect to the coe, unlikely to stretch further up or down. PML is able to come out with the promo because the coe was low and there's more leverage. I would say they did a very good forecast of the coe trend.

i/m currently driving this courtesy car 320 as my car has been in K.arandg for the last 10days. frankly, no offence any owners of the 3 series, but i find this car is too basic for the price. Drive and handling are the only plus points. its very small amd build quality is average. I think a 2nd hand E60 will be a better buy. just my 2cts worth..cheers

diablo_728;144981 said:
i/m currently driving this courtesy car 320 as my car has been in K.arandg for the last 10days. frankly, no offence any owners of the 3 series, but i find this car is too basic for the price. Drive and handling are the only plus points. its very small amd build quality is average. I think a 2nd hand E60 will be a better buy. just my 2cts worth..cheers

I felt the same. E90 with a 6 cylinder and better specs would be perfect. No doubt about the driving charecteristics but 90% of the time for my driving I need the refinement and quality feel.

Heh dude,
Yes you gotta weigh yr options and never let it stretch yr wallet too much. Sure a 325 is surely better than a 320, but look at the premium. BMWs are not cheap in SG. My neighbour wanted to get a 320 too after I got mine. In the end he bot a TOYOTA WISH plus a Honda Jazz (for his wife) and still hv spare change vs a new 320. My motto is always drive what u are comfortable with n not what people say abt yr car. I am sure you can probably afford an M3 as well but if thats gonna take up 50%-60% of yr take home pay every month then what for right?

I would say the 320 is good enuf if u are not a HIONG driver. There is so much u can do in SG roads. Last week I just kena speeding ticket for driving at 100km/h. Limit was 60km/h. OH WTF, driving a bimmer at 60km/h. I ve also swapped my 320i OEM 16" RFT and rims for conventional tyres on 19" rims which has overall same total weight as the OEMs. The acceleration is much better and smoother n I strongly encourage u to do this in yr new car.

You can also check out the PI Vincar. I saw them advertising 335i and M5. They may be able to bring in other models too. Also check out Performance premium selection(used BMWs), some are in very good condition.

Thanks Ah Beng,

Sorry to hear about your fine, hope cheng hu do more for charity. Your advise will definitely be considered relating to PML Premium Used Cars...heard that there are some after IMF.

Cheers

Ah Beng definitely have put it in perspective. Must go for whatever you are comfortable with it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmliverest
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back