Cable for iPod through AUX-in?

yooooz

Hi,

My sales person told me my BMW would come with an AUX in connection for MP3 players. Just want to ask what cable should i buy to connect my iPod to the Aux-in of my coming BMW 523?

Re: Cable for iPod through AUX-in?

3.5mm male jack on both ends, common audio cable eg, PC audio cable to external speakers. Cheers!

Sting;209519 said:
3.5mm male jack on both ends, common audio cable eg, PC audio cable to external speakers. Cheers!

thanks alot for your help... i'll go over to best denki near my workplace to buy ha..

Sting;209519 said:

I thought you need a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male jack for the ipod?

Anyway, there's a couple of options.

1. Get a ipod dock connector to 3.5mm male cable.
2. Get this belkin ipod auto kit + 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable

The belkin ipod auto kit comes with an ipod dock connector and a cigarette lighter charger + 3.5mm female out.

I read tapping the audio out from the dock cable have better quality than tapping the audio from the headphone out.

The belkin have an added advantage of keeping ya ipod charged, though is a more expensive solution ($62 for the adaptor, and another $3 for the cable)

If ya interested in the belkin one.... it is available at Funan center at this shop called South Asia Computers (Only one so far I've found. Got this info after I emailed the distributor for belkin here.). For the audio cable, you can get it from Sim Lim Square at UHF something (3rd floor).

May I know where to buy this cable? epicentre do have sell it

Hi, bought the retractable 3.5mm cable from South Sea and it works. however, I am not able to view the names of the ablum. the cable just output sound but not the playlist.

Any idea how can the playlist be displayed on the idrive and "controlled" by the idrive?

Thanks,

black_cat;210049 said:
Hi, bought the retractable 3.5mm cable from South Sea and it works. however, I am not able to view the names of the ablum. the cable just output sound but not the playlist.

Any idea how can the playlist be displayed on the idrive and "controlled" by the idrive?

Thanks,
BMW AG : BMW iPod interface

thanks Ryan.

checked the PML website and cost SGD880!!!

My FC will kill me. Maybe better stick with the Beikin cable that cost only SGD29.00 and live with the not too bad sound.

:-(

iPod interface is available in Singapore? can you paste the URL

CyberTron;209599 said:
I thought you need a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male jack for the ipod?

Anyway, there's a couple of options.

1. Get a ipod dock connector to 3.5mm male cable.
2. Get this belkin ipod auto kit + 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable

The belkin ipod auto kit comes with an ipod dock connector and a cigarette lighter charger + 3.5mm female out.

I read tapping the audio out from the dock cable have better quality than tapping the audio from the headphone out.

The belkin have an added advantage of keeping ya ipod charged, though is a more expensive solution ($62 for the adaptor, and another $3 for the cable)

If ya interested in the belkin one.... it is available at Funan center at this shop called South Asia Computers (Only one so far I've found. Got this info after I emailed the distributor for belkin here.). For the audio cable, you can get it from Sim Lim Square at UHF something (3rd floor).

i'll get the belkin one i guess... cost total of $65 while the ipod dock connector alone cost $62.. belkin one looks like a better deal... correct me if i'm wrong.. hehe.. thanks..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88kim

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back