Camshaft

piggyboyz

Core Group Members
Hi op has got street cams and race cam. Earlier should be more suitable while latter is more for racing use...

Juzz4car usually brings in the earlier, not the latter...

I have sat in a 318Ci with hi-op cams and the idling is as per normal car, no hunting and at mid revv, it's a lot more throaty..... nice :thumbsup:

But the car has got a matching Hi-Op programme though...

I don know if e owner comes to the forum often else it will be good for him to give a first hand info....

The Hi-Op race cams will not be good for street use especially in Singapore. I am sure that although you will get a nice increase in middle to high rpm power, you low end will suffer and as a result, drivability will be affected. If you are going to be putting the race cams and not the street cams, your idling might be affected as well.

If you decide that you want to put to cams in, you will also need to reprogram your obit chip. If not you might not only not maximise your power, but might see a drop in power instead.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise bros. Will definitely take these factors into consideration. Cheers...

Racebred said:
there'll be no diff at all in idling or engine sounding rougher for M54

RB, not that I am picking a fight with you, but are you sure it will have no difference?

I can understand that if you put sport cams that there should be no difference, but for race cams?

I guess it boils down to what the duration and the degree of the lift on the cams are.

I am guessing that the street cams should be $2k to $3k plus and the race ones a few hundred more than that. usually do not come with adjustable cam gears.

oh i not referring to race cams. no experience in that.

thats no cam gear adjustments for BMW. it's a neatly slotted in plug and play matter. there's simply no other way to mount the cams due to how they design the cams to sit in.

RB, race cams are usually have extreme lift and duration thus idling will definitely be affected and you will not be able to drive them on the street.

Laotitu,

Since you have OBit installed, need your feedback ..

any increase in noise level, and any significant in performance (low, mid high torque?) and fuel consumption?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back