can commercial vehicles travel on 1st lane ?

Darth Vader

was wondering if commercial vehicles can travel on 1st lane.
vehicle speed limit 70km/h but travelling at 100km/h.
whole line of cars no road hogging.

i thought commercial vehicles limited to 70km/h because of the weight of their load will cause serious impact force in a accident.also if speeding their braking distance is big because of their weight.

isnt it dangerous for commercial vehicles to travel on 1st lane ?

do i have the right to honk and flash them ?
i usually dont unless they severe road hogging.

Re: can commercial vehicles travel on 1st lane ?

Darth Vader;297924 said:
isnt it dangerous for commercial vehicles to travel on 1st lane ?

do i have the right to honk and flash them ?

IMO yes it's dangerous, they are heavier and are going much slower on the lane that should be kept for overtaking other vehicles at greater speed, not the max. 70km/h that these guys are supposed to be going at.

You can honk and flash, will they move out of the way....that's another question :lol2:

It also depends on the road conditions, I suppose with the mess in the road systems now, I do agree with your assessment that goods and heavy goods vehicles should be driven on the left where possible... but I'm guilty of driving a van on the right sometimes too....

i think a car with proceed more dangerous le...

is also illegal

:lol2:

now i know why it's faster to travel on the left lane....

kangoo oso commercial vehicle.. its freaking light.

Road hog? try to chiet my kangoo.. lai lai.

its always the driver that is dangerous.. not the type of vehicles.

acupunch;298034 said:
i think a car with proceed more dangerous le...

is also illegal

:lol2:

ACU, I don't think the car with procede is dangerous, instead the driver with procede most dangerous ! :lol2:

OLL is correct, my kangoo also very fast one. If it wasnt for that dam beeping sound over 70!

I beg to differ about 'drivers are dangerous... not the type of vehicles'. It takes a combination of 'moronic' drivers with 'risky' vehicle.

My encounter happened on 8 Feb, the second day of CNY. I took the ramp up joining Lornie Rd (outside Andrew Rd). A good vehicle with high good compartment was on the first lane. It maneuvred to overtake another car; the dynamics was upset, it tilted and 2 right wheels were off the ground. My wife thought it was going to flip over. It didn't. It tilted back and forth a couple more times. And I was 10m behind this Idiot. I drove by and took a look. Thought I saw 'Russ Swift' from the Indian Continent.

What a moron!

Whatever car it is, if the driver is dangerous, the car will also be dangerous...

So best is what?? DRIVE SAFE. best liao!

Commercial Vehicles also got turbo-charged one leh.
Mai siao siao...

Bro orh lu lu angry liao. cannot see vans no up ok! :D

firecman;299362 said:
I beg to differ about 'drivers are dangerous... not the type of vehicles'. It takes a combination of 'moronic' drivers with 'risky' vehicle.

My encounter happened on 8 Feb, the second day of CNY. I took the ramp up joining Lornie Rd (outside Andrew Rd). A good vehicle with high good compartment was on the first lane. It maneuvred to overtake another car; the dynamics was upset, it tilted and 2 right wheels were off the ground. My wife thought it was going to flip over. It didn't. It tilted back and forth a couple more times. And I was 10m behind this Idiot. I drove by and took a look. Thought I saw 'Russ Swift' from the Indian Continent.

What a moron!

Driver A and B drving the same car say Stock Altis.. approaching a tight bend at resonably high speed, Driver A brake in Bend... Driver B brake before approaching the bend. what do you tink the high chances will happen to Driver A?

If a good vehicle with high good compartment tilted and 2 rights wheels off the ground, that vehicle need some workshop inspection immediately or should seriously ban that driver from driving.

by the way, simi si vehicle with "High Good compartment"? Sports Car? Kangoo?

Darth Vader;297924 said:
was wondering if commercial vehicles can travel on 1st lane.
vehicle speed limit 70km/h but travelling at 100km/h.
whole line of cars no road hogging.

physics aside, lawfully is NO. somewhere in the highway code says commercial vehicles can only keep extreme left, overtake within 70 km/hr, then back to extreme left.

Raffles;300333 said:
physics aside, lawfully is NO. somewhere in the highway code says commercial vehicles can only keep extreme left, overtake within 70 km/hr, then back to extreme left.

ok i will horn and flash like a madman next time i see one in the 1st lane.thanks for the info.

if i saw this in my rear view mirror i'd give way...

mercedes_Benz_unimog_U500_Black_Edition.jpg

unimog u500 black edition tuned by brabus...

Orh LuLu;299399 said:
Driver A and B drving the same car say Stock Altis.. approaching a tight bend at resonably high speed, Driver A brake in Bend... Driver B brake before approaching the bend. what do you tink the high chances will happen to Driver A?

If a good vehicle with high good compartment tilted and 2 rights wheels off the ground, that vehicle need some workshop inspection immediately or should seriously ban that driver from driving.

by the way, simi si vehicle with "High Good compartment"? Sports Car? Kangoo?

Higher than Kangoo... that they will have height clearance problem when entering the multi storey car park structure. My point is that it takes a combination of human stupidity with poor vehicle handling characteristics. Of course there will be morons who decide that it is spectacular to drive straight into a wall. Take care and be safe.

firecman;299362 said:

What a moron!

Many2 nowadays.. most of the time, i realised, are foreign talent.. with this one trying to be Jasmeer Bonbon...

Commercial vehicles are NOT allowed on the 1st lane.. well, i took out my old handy BTT book(blow2 and sneeze2) and realised, we all also not supposed to stick there ma... "Only for overtaking and emergency vehicles"... lolx... I dun care!
However, i realised that driving on the middle or left lanes can many times be faster than 1st lane, due to irritating, irresponsible, id**tic road hoggers.. haiz..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back