Car shutdown while driving - no warning lights

HzH

Hi all, this happened to me yesterday. Am driving a 218d, 1yr 3 months old car, recently serviced by PML just 2 months ago. Started the car in the morning no issue, engine and everything sounded / felt normal to me. Drove for about 4 - 5 KM and when approaching a U-turn I have the car came to a complete stop. The start/stop kicked in and at this juncture the whole car suddenly shutdown. Shutdown meaning - no lights, no radio, no ignition, no hazard lights, no power window, no central locking, no gauges and no dashboard - you get it.. the whole car just went dead and has to be towed back to PML. Still waiting for the result from the service center but if anyone experienced such ordeal before and care to share what may be causing this I would be most appreciative.. This is scary as I was fetching my 1.5yrs toddler to school... I can't imagine if this happened when i was driving... thanks god.. but still shaken...

Sounds like the start/stop feature toggled too many times and may have conked out the starter. I switch off my auto start/stop at every drive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabetid
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back