Carbon Tax starts next year...for cars

Re: Carbon Tax starts next year...for cars

Racebred;768786 said:
good point. did lta say anything about that?

hoks;768313 said:
Not only that, does this mean scrap value @ 10yrs oso lower?

strictly follow rules ..... yes should be lower...

lol horrible man....... cannot buy 116 liao .......

Assuming OMV of 30k..
ARF = 30k .....
Carbon Tax Rebate = 10k....
Scrap value @ 10yrs = ((30-10)*0.5)= 10k ...omg

in fact i think bread and butter Jap cars even worst hit as their omv values tend to be even lower...its possible to see near 0 Scrap value man for some of those man....lol... .those that fall into neutral zones should be best sellers now for the more "savvy" car buyer.....

golfgti;768781 said:
But can only use in SG for now unless MY diesel becomes euro4 compliant. Read about the DPF issue.
Based on urban cycle (6.7L/100km), BMW 535d can travel at least 1k km. From Sg to KL & back w/o any need to pump. No worries about MY diesel.

Diesel BMW sold in MY is w/o DPF.

davidtch;768809 said:
Diesel BMW sold in MY is w/o DPF.

So, if u import a non euro5 compliant car into SG, u dun save anything since the rebate is only for euro5 compliant diesel.

If u buy a euro5 compliant car in SG to save $, u cant use the MY diesel, or can only hope that MY diesel becomes compliant soon

From what I read, BMW MY remove the DPF locally.

Is it legal to bring in euro5 car n remove the DPF locally or will BMW SG do so? Will still be euro5 compliant n enjoy rebat?

This link says MY gonna have euro4 in 2014.... http://paultan.org/2011/11/16/govt-...euro-4-grade-diesel-they-now-have-until-2014/

Is it easy to remove & install the DPF?

Last edited by a moderator:

toiletsiao;768807 said:
strictly follow rules ..... yes should be lower...

lol horrible man....... cannot buy 116 liao .......

Assuming OMV of 30k..
ARF = 30k .....
Carbon Tax Rebate = 10k....
Scrap value @ 10yrs = ((30-10)*0.5)= 10k ...omg

in fact i think bread and butter Jap cars even worst hit as their omv values tend to be even lower...its possible to see near 0 Scrap value man for some of those man....lol... .those that fall into neutral zones should be best sellers now for the more "savvy" car buyer.....

They set a minimum ARF of 5k. So we going to see some cars with 2.5k scrap value :)

Anyone know any Cat A car with 25k OMV which qualify for 20k rebate? This will be the most value buy.

Edit: I was thinking of the 116d efficient dynamics. 99g/km 1.6litre diesel with 116hp and 260nm. But PML will put a big fat margin on it.

golfgti;768811 said:
So, if u import a non euro5 compliant car into SG, u dun save anything since the rebate is only for euro5 compliant diesel.

If u buy a euro5 compliant car in SG to save $, u cant use the MY diesel, or can only hope that MY diesel becomes compliant soon

i believe euro4-5 compliant cars have the DPF, whereas in MY the diesel is euro2 so cars can have no DPF.
Since 1 full tank of diesel from Sg to KL to Sg, why need to use MY diesel? 1k km is based on urban cycle.

535d use 40% (based on urban cycle) lesser fuel than 535.

davidtch;768818 said:
Since 1 full tank of diesel from Sg to KL to Sg, why need to use MY diesel? 1k km is based on urban cycle.

535d use 40% (based on urban cycle) lesser fuel than 535.

to be safe i thk u shldnt plan to run just on 1 full tank? hahah

also imagine if can go sepang in turbo diesel. shiok lah

This isn't any different from Guzzler Tax in the states.
Only difference now is that premium sports car buyers will face an additional 10-20k over prevailing COE premiums so if COE continues to head North in 2013, it could reach even 100K or more if you include the Guzzler Tax !!!

Crazy...

maybe they should measure how much carbon emission & greenhouse increase occurs from new property developments. Large tracts of jungle & grassfield bulldozed for new condos shld be wrecking alot of havoc to our environment too.

How abt the jurong refineries? Wat is their environmental impact?

golfgti;768825 said:
maybe they should measure how much carbon emission & greenhouse increase occurs from new property developments. Large tracts of jungle & grassfield bulldozed for new condos shld be wrecking alot of havoc to our environment too.

How abt the jurong refineries? Wat is their environmental impact?

As a rule of thumb, whatever is minting the economy more money than anything else, they will give a dumb fuck to it stating huge growth in energy sector or some bullshit. You know da drift...

For hi end performance car, even with the additional $20k, i don't think he dealer will increase the cost to it. They would have enough margin to absorb it.

On the other hand, the saving from low end fuel saver will also not pass on to the end user.

In the end, i think we need to self import to enjoy the saving.

golfgti;768781 said:
But can only use in SG for now unless MY diesel becomes euro4 compliant. Read about the DPF issue.

But one full tank can drive to Hat Yai & back right!?!?

wobbles;768856 said:
But one full tank can drive to Hat Yai & back right!?!?
Cannot lah. Based on combined cycle of F10 535d, it is only up to 1,250km. Drive up to KL & back, can. I don't think more than that.

davidtch;769013 said:
Cannot lah. Based on combined cycle of F10 535d, it is only up to 1,250km. Drive up to KL & back, can. I don't think more than that.

Tks bro. Honestly, given the petrol prices nowadays, I wouldn't mind giving diesel engines a fair go...

now i get it ... carbon tax is a NEW WAY for tax revenues ...
soon there will be "run lion" tax for hitmee .... :lol:

120302-%20New%20ways%20to%20raise%20revenue%20needed,%20says%20DPM%20Tharman,%20quote.JPG

Bro, that was the reason all along....

wobbles;769050 said:
Tks bro. Honestly, given the petrol prices nowadays, I wouldn't mind giving diesel engines a fair go...
Even a big coupe like F12/F13, there is 640d.

The surcharge will only kick in July 2013. So can plan for a while more.

As for other polluting industries, spore's official reply is that they will not join in any international agreement (until everyone else in the region does) basically because boh hua. I dunno if this is good or bad.

davidtch;769137 said:
Even a big coupe like F12/F13, there is 640d.

Yes, and there's even the new 640d xdrive... damn drool worthy. Can you imagine, MONSTER torque (even more than the 650i) and a 0-100km/h speed of 5.4sec!

wobbles;769153 said:
Yes, and there's even the new 640d xdrive... damn drool worthy. Can you imagine, MONSTER torque (even more than the 650i) and a 0-100km/h speed of 5.4sec!

Wait for the M650xd instead :D. More torque than M6!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bnagoya

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back