changing exterior paint colour

kitaro75

Hi all

do you or your friends have any issues selling their bmw after changing exterior paint colour?
Tot of respraying to another colour.
Any issues?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Re: changing exterior paint colour

Lower resale value from my experience.
Perceived accident car by future buyers.

actually, it's quite common to change car color nowadays. just make sure the job is well done. most importantly is we must feel happy driving:)

If within warranty, then voids warranty if the engine was taken out to spray. Most good spray painters will take out engine cos engine bay damn difficult to spray if dun take out.

If out of warranty, then see below:

1) Lower resale values is only by direct Dealer buyers, meaning you are not trading in for a new car from the Dealer..just pure selling to dealer. Then resale values will be affected because the swinging dick Dealer will say times are bad, you kenna accident dun lie to him, your car got problem, potential customers dun like blah blah and take in at say $100k.then the next day u see him sell at $120k and describe it as "Excellent condition, new 2k paint, accident free, see to believe, selling fast, cheapest yet negotiable, come quick before its gone"

2) If Direct Sellers, no issue, they see they like they buy. They bitch about the change, ask them go buy from dealers.

3) Trade in to Dealers for new car: Not so much issue, they will check the condition and deduct here and there for any repair works to be done within reasonableness and may even offer you a few K above other direct dealer buyers because they would have already earned from you the new car purchase + loan comms + Insurance comms + kick ball fee etc etc..

MW - that's assuming you dun go crazy and spray to some FROZEN PINK or LIQUID SPERM colours.

what about changing to foil colours?

hearsay the chrome foil is LTA friendly....

Wats wrong with Frozen Pink? If Lin Chi Ling says she likes FP cars, I go spray my M5 immediately to FP

MW;761369 said:
Wats wrong with Frozen Pink? If Lin Chi Ling says she likes FP cars, I go spray my M5 immediately to FP

I really really hope your wife dun surf forum.

Thank you friends for sharing!
very informative!

just wondering when we update LTA abt the colour change, will our details at LTA website shows two colours?

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back