Changing of white angel eyes bulbs

benlim

Hi guys, one of my angel eyes bulb have blown and i have bought this car from another owner who has already change it to the after market white angel eyes, i am not sure whether i can just replace the bulb or need to change the whole set ? Does bro sszone sell the bulb only if only need to replace the bulb. Thanks a Million!!!!!

Re: Changing of white angel eyes bulbs

like the one on my avatar? if so, just bulb, not the whole assy. (mine's e90 though)

Thanks Bro richlee for the reply, yes its the same as yours, any idea where to get the bulb?

hi guys, the angel eyes bulbs i got are for LCI models.
non-LCIs are running on a totally different bulb plus its damn hard to install or uninstall.
anyway, i'm totally outta stock for the AE till after CNY cos taiwanese side also no stock, told me to wait until their factory reopen after CNY

ya, those days one have to take out bumper or wat la, dem mah huan...

LCi just remove the rear cover can liao

i believe the LCi have DRL feature, so won't be able to use those pre LCi bulbs like mine.

sszone;516728 said:
hi guys, the angel eyes bulbs i got are for LCI models.
non-LCIs are running on a totally different bulb plus its damn hard to install or uninstall.
anyway, i'm totally outta stock for the AE till after CNY cos taiwanese side also no stock, told me to wait until their factory reopen after CNY

Thanks Bro, will find other source.

richlee7;516769 said:
i believe the LCi have DRL feature, so won't be able to use those pre LCi bulbs like mine.

The DRL function only comes with the later LCI models.
the light setup and bulbs for pre-LCI and LCI are totally different, with LCI bulbs easier to work with.

sszone;518041 said:
The DRL function only comes with the later LCI models.
the light setup and bulbs for pre-LCI and LCI are totally different, with LCI bulbs easier to work with.
thanks for the headsup, sszone! learn something new... b u t ... so unfair... its reali hard to change the bulb of my pre LCi (shape and size, plus the rubber gasket to seal the socket...)

all BMW fault lor...haha
even the pre-LCI E90s AE lights or whatever lightbulbs are hard to work with cos gotta remove bumper, if not have to raise up car to access the light cover

yea, but the fella doing my AE the other day dun wan listen, i told him u no need remove my bumper, but still.. he removed it....

yesterday did the installation again, PIAA H499 led bulbs, kaw tim in 10 minutes :D

hmmm... but the kaler really not wat i expeected.... somehow not very bright....

its like that.....u gotta understand a big part of the problem is due to BMW's design of the AE tubes.
the primary light source reaches the inner ring in a shorter time and distance while the light from the light source takes a longer detour to reach the 2nd ring...hence not that bring. unless u change the AE like Bro Wai Yew for 1k+, or else just bobian have to live with it...keke

ya, only tat one is the brightest...
but didnt expect the results to be tat bad.... yellow looks much brighter...

luckily they solve the issue in the new E92/3 LCi models

I heard from one of the mechanic that changing the Pre-LCI bulbs stand a risk of damaging the wire and thus have to change the whole head light if its damage which will cost $1k plus.....anyone have this experience?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back