Cheap way to lower the car with stock suspension

stevenwu

Hi all,

Anyone trying this before ?
Car will be lowered by 10-15mm by just changing the spring seat so for those with the M-sport suspension, then end results will be swee swee.

Copied from one of the e90 post:

If you'd like to keep the stock M-sport / standard suspension but you find the car to sit just a bit too high over the front wheels; here is your solution:

Switch the top front spring seats/plates!
They will lower the car about 10 - 15 mm (0,4 - 0,6").
Part number is SUFT015 and the company manufacturing them is Supersport (Germany):
http://www.supersport.de

For US: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273331

Mine were about 60 USD (shipped - within Europe).

How? This is how:

Follow larryn's (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15397) excellent DIY on how to replace the stock springs with H&R's; starting from post #5. Follow steps 1 through 17. At step 17 I used a socket with a 21mm outside grip together with a 6 mm Allen key, this to prevent the shock absorber piston rod from rotating.

When the original spring seat/plate is removed, simply replace it with the Supersport one.

Reassemble in the opposite order.

Below you will find few photos from the installation. Sorry for the not-so-professional DYI layout...
Tutorial Tools
printer.gif
Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif
Email this Page
clear.gif
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Re: Cheap way to lower the car with stock suspension

quiksilver;482766 said:
hello prof wu! when eat durian? :woottt:

sometime la....

red durian...good ?

I usually I like Malaysia, Thailand and prc one. Viet and Combo are a little too sweet.

Bro,

Can this be done to an e60? Mine has the M-aero kit installed......... izzit workable and will mine(with the M-aero kit) look asthetically good?

Cheers

Prof, can't agree more, m'sia's durians still the best by far. Since DK jio, can make arrangement sometime?

Back to the thread, d height drop looks pretty decent yea. Will compliment well, if on m-sports set-up.

Front drop more than the rear........car not balanced.......

My 2cts....

'The Great White'

wilman2772;482946 said:

My 2cts....

'The Great White'

Only front drop??? Cant all four drop equally?

wilman2772;482946 said:

My 2cts....

'The Great White'
Oi, that touring could be on stock suspension..Btw email the pixs you took for my staff at PC. Nnb, every day chase me, gotta siam'em...

kim_pioneer;482948 said:
Only front drop??? Cant all four drop equally?

Hi,

Only front.

Take a look at your car when parked level and see if you for yourself if just drop your front by 15mm (only 0.6" max), will it look nicer and balance out for the rear ?

Made your own judgement...:)

My personally opinion is it just make it perfect. The drop is just 15mm only.

You still keep the M-tech suspension feel but look much much better and balance.

stevenwu;483512 said:
Hi,

Only front.

Take a look at your car when parked level and see if you for yourself if just drop your front by 15mm (only 0.6" max), will it look nicer and balance out for the rear ?

Made your own judgement...:)

My personally opinion is it just make it perfect. The drop is just 15mm only.

You still keep the M-tech suspension feel but look much much better and balance.

Tks bro, will go figure it out.

Cheers

HI BROS newbie here,

has anyone installed 19" rims without lowering the suspension? how isit like? goofy? or just normal. like stock.

pls advise.

I had 18" rims on an E90 with stock suspension. I'm still have recurring nightmares about that GAP.

Bro Steroiduser,

If you are going to change to 19" wheels, at least go for a spring kit else you'll end up with the horrifying SUV-like clearance. Springs, if you are not that particular, Coilovers if you can fit it into your mod budget.

hey bros thanks for the reply. may i know for e90 how do i know whether i am on stock or stock sports suspension?

steroiduser88;488304 said:
hey bros thanks for the reply. may i know for e90 how do i know whether i am on stock or stock sports suspension?

Hi steroiduser,

if you bought your car brand new from PML then is confirm stock.....if you bought a used unit then just send to a workshop and check it out....

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiumienphi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back