Cruise Control in 320i

Hiei

i was wondering if it is possible to install cruise control for my 320i...
has anyone tried it before??

Re: Cruise Control in 320i

the earlier batches might not... but i think it is possible...

but.... the crusie control is not exactly a super duper wonderful thing... i am not sure if it is worth the money... it will probably cost a good 4 digit...

bro, not really worthwhile to install it since it would most prob costs lotsa $$..

when i got mine, SE said CC has to be factory fit so may not be able to add on

before I had a car that had Cruise Control I find it unnecessary, good to had stuff.
but now I got it for with the car I begin to enjoy having it. is useful even I cruising along KJE
best on north south highway is a must if you travel is those wee hours, super early or late midnight.

maybe you should consider to get various quotes to compare before you decide is worth or not if cost is one of you main concern. Try Mike SWE & J4C, of course PML too. to get a all round quotation. this feature is very subjective to your needs, as how often you'll needs it on the practicality side.

to me... it is a good to have... doesn't matter if you don't...

mine came with it.. but the need to have to switch it on and off.. adjust speeds just so it can be use on Singapore road is a pain...

plus.. the crusie control is not exactly smart.... ie when going up and down a bridge.. which is part of my daily route... hahaha

but yes... ns highway, it would be good.. just that i no longer drive to malaysia anymore....

if you had the front PCD with iDrive, I think the CC is very smart using proximity of the front PCD to decrease your crusing spend if it detect car in thr front is slower than your current speed. on some higher end model, like 325i above (if I not wrong). the CC is different from the one fitted on a 320i. Some CC show the current set cruising speed, I know mine don't etc.

yes... but the thing is the cruise control... once detect that it need to pick up speed... will full throttle to the required speed and then maintain it there....

this kind of hard acceleration is bad for fuel consumption... if we are driving ourselves... usually we will jsut cruise along and catch up steadily....

am i making any sense?

making sense, but i guarentee cc is more fuel efficient than your foot. But at most, when under "harder" acceleration it will use what, 1cc of fuel?

you can get aftermarket cc's, easy to install

have you come across one that gradually accelerate back to set speeds? do let us know.

i think it depends on engine torque, i know on my V8 cars it is slow, but on 4 potter, dam harsh

ok.. i tend to agree that our foot is not as accurate as the CC when it comes to maintaining speed..

the problem is with singapore highways... people don't drive at a constant speed... when i turn on my CC everytime, i find myself stress about the distance... the speed of the vehicle in front... blah blah blah.. that i need to adjust speed via the CC a lot of times... so those hard acceleration was not restricted to up and down the bridge...

Petrol at this price.... i want to make every cc count.

But yes.. i agree with you.. on a straight flat road with slight turns etc..etc... CC will definitelly be better at maintaining speed at the most optimal consumption.

acupunch;274506 said:
maybe you should consider to get various quotes to compare before you decide is worth or not if cost is one of you main concern. Try Mike SWE & J4C, of course PML too. to get a all round quotation. this feature is very subjective to your needs, as how often you'll needs it on the practicality side.

i am relatively new to BMWs.. currently only know of kbs n pml..
isit possible that i get the contact numbers of Mike SWE & J4C??:confused:
thanks in advance

Hiei;274761 said:
i am relatively new to BMWs.. currently only know of kbs n pml..
isit possible that i get the contact numbers of Mike SWE & J4C??:confused:
thanks in advance
I understand, is ok. just follow those link that pointed by gadget bro, speaks to relative workshop your needs on the CC retrofit. All of them are very helpful. As mention on the Links & Resource page, just mention to them you're from BMW-SG.

Do update this thread on the your quest, it will be useful for other who needs it but shy to asked. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwinmy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back