Delphi Disc rotors....

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
Mark,
Havent tried that product but basically, there are pros n cons in using normal disc vs x-drilled or slotted.

Basically, the main advantage of slotted and cross drilled rotors is that they work well to dissipate heat faster due to the grooves n holes.
But do bear in mind also that these rotors may hv the tendencies to eat up the pads faster (assuming you re using back the same pads)

X-drilled rotors may crack around the holes after prolonged and hard use. However, it also depends on how the drilling process was done. If it was cast on the rotors in the making then it's stronger but if it is only drilled after the rotors are done, then the strength is lacking there.

If u like, I suggest you go for slotted ones, which I believe Delphi discs have em.

BTW delphi is selling their dot 5.1 fluid at only $18 a bottle, which is rather cheap. I bought mine at $20 outside, and it's only after a huge discount.

according to the promoter, it's still $2 to $3 dearer than the similarly labeled Delphi Dot 5.1 fluid outside, which are for the US market. The japanese version, as seen with jap words on the sticker outside, has gone through an extra manufacturing process which makes the fluid clearer.

Racebred,

I bought 2 bottles from them at the motorshow. Fluid expires in 2007, maybe should go back and get somemore.

$18 before tax so the saving is only worth it if you buy a lot. Mass brake fluid change?

Racebred,

That's why I think should go buy 2 cartons or something.
I got that guy's card, he said can just give him a call. Don't need to go in.

I agree with TripleM.. the cross drilled might warp also for me i will settle down with slotted

I'm on cross drilled. Any rotors that are treated and used properly will not warp. Slottes will warp if abused. Cross drilled rotors only crack.

i believe cracks are a greater danger than warping since you can feel a warped rotor, whilst a crack has to reach very serious levels before it can be felt.

outside of porsche cross-cast stuff, the vast majority of racecars (esp endurance ones) run slotted or plain rotors. thermal control is best accomplished with enough mass, enough internal venting, enough ducting to flow air through these vents. both slots and drilled holes have little relation to the factors. they're more for providing escape for debris, and pad cleaning, wet weather performance, none of which are a major concern on a street car.

we had a lengthy discussion about x-drilled vs slotted before. but whatever the reason is, you ONLY see cross-drilled OEM big brake kits on cars like AMG, M3, ferrari, lambo, porsche, maserati, aston, even s-class. Also on small-time brands like koeniggsec, noble, TVR etc.

i have yet to find a single OEM slotted brake disc on any performance car.

i believe reason is image. also cold wet braking as mentioned by a porsche brochure. unlike street cars, racecars don't see cold wet braking except during the first and last 2 laps of an overall run.

i choose to go with what I see on racecars at all levels, and with what the leading club racers in club racing communities all over the world say, the trackie friends I respect, plus of course what fred puhn says in the only brake book I've read so far.

i dunno those makes listed seem like the rich makes. perhaps they like making money by regular replacement of cracked rotors? WAG on this one

cracked rotors are common, and 99% of the times i've come across, still within specs. you can be sure all the F&M cars in singapore has cracked rotors after maybe 6 mths of use. but these are surface cracks mostly, and most will definitely disappear if you choose to skim your rotors.

but then i already change to slotted. hahahahahahah

Racebred said:
we had a lengthy discussion about x-drilled vs slotted before. but whatever the reason is, you ONLY see cross-drilled OEM big brake kits on cars like AMG, M3, ferrari, lambo, porsche, maserati, aston, even s-class. Also on small-time brands like koeniggsec, noble, TVR etc.

i have yet to find a single OEM slotted brake disc on any performance car.

The new Honda NSX at the car show...huge slotted Brembo BBK...

Racebred said:
..... and it'll never make it to production... muhahahahahha

Yah boy, great looks on the HSV... :drool:

Really too bad that it won't make it to production but i do hope that Honda will reverse its statements and make it!

Sammy, HSV or HSC ah???

Guys thanks for all the info....
Sebastian, previous CSA is manager of Delpi. Perhaps can get good discount..... Think will be getting the slotteds...
Is $4++, cheap or expensive????

Cheers...

ACS CAB3 said:
Sammy, HSV or HSC ah???

Guys thanks for all the info....
Sebastian, previous CSA is manager of Delpi. Perhaps can get good discount..... Think will be getting the slotteds...
Is $4++, cheap or expensive????

Cheers...

For a pair, if 401 cheap, if 499 expensive hehe
Gd luck, saw the finishing, v nice and smooth. They hv a stand at the Motorshow...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back