DICE link for ipod to your OEM head unit

kvin08

Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you know about this unit called DICE from USA that can connect your ipod to the current OEM headunit of your BMW? It replaces the CD changer though........meaning the CD changer is no longer in use once you install this unit. Its not very ex but would like to know some feedback from people who might have installed this unit. Here is the website link:

european auto source - 714.369.8524 | how fast can we make your dream go, stop and corner?

Maybe you guys would know someone in Singapore that might be able to install this unit too. From the website it sounds easy.........but I am not really a DIY'er so screwing around with electrical stuff is just not my cup. Have a tendancy to break things than construct.

Cheers,
Kelvin

Re: DICE link for ipod to your OEM head unit

hi there, PML has that.. i got it frm them and got it installed by them too..

hi shaaz.....can you spare more details on this installation by PML? Who did you speak to? Care to share the price behind this install?

Thanks and appreciate your inputs,
Kelvin

i just went back to SE, got her to order the parts in for me and got her to make an appointment for my car to come in, price wise i cant really rem as it was eons ago mate, but i do know prices have gone much higher, if im not wrong i was one of the first few to get em'. anyways.. why not give PML a call to ask for installation charges?.

thanks shaaz. just called PML. its a retrofit kit that is installed and it will cost about S$900 including labor / installation. Need to be indented (takes 3 weeks) and install is 2 days as programming needs to be done.
Is this what you got? btw, does the song title appear on the headunit? I assume the connection is in the glove compartment? Control still from the steering wheels?

Appreciate if you can shed more info in this.'

$900 ? u can get a pretty good aftermarket headunit and the cable to link your ipod !!

Installing the Dice ipod link is easy. I did mine and another friend myself. Give me a call 90056444

thanks 14m3 for your offer. will place the order today for the DICE ipod and let you know if I will need help installing it. have actually contacted Damian (Hong Guan) and he said that it should not be difficult for them if they have the instructions.
Cheers!
Kelvin

kvin08;173856 said:
thanks shaaz. just called PML. its a retrofit kit that is installed and it will cost about S$900 including labor / installation. Need to be indented (takes 3 weeks) and install is 2 days as programming needs to be done.
Is this what you got? btw, does the song title appear on the headunit? I assume the connection is in the glove compartment? Control still from the steering wheels?

Appreciate if you can shed more info in this.'

yup.. this is the one i got...

Any feedbacks on the DICE iPod Integration Kit?

Where can i get in Singapore other than PML?
Else i am considering of ordering it from bavariansoundwerks.

I have taken out mine after putting in the Alpine DD unit which came with ipod link and bluetoth. My Dice kit is for sale if anyone wants it. Sms 90056444

Picked up the DICE link from 14m3 and looking forward to having it installed in my car this weekend. Thanks for meeting up and passing the item to me mate.

Pleasure is my. nice to meet you and you have a neat looking m3 in the market now.

Good to have met you too, my car is almost totally stock, just doing a few things here and there to improve the car.

Hi can the DICE work with iphone as well? Where did u do the installation?

Mine is a E46. I intend to do the installation by myself based on the instruction provided by BSW and i bought the toolkit as well.

Will provide an update end Mar as my friends on holiday in US will be bring the item back sometime in mid Mar.

I bought the ashtray mount for "multiple iPods/iPhone". Their tech help said i would be able to use both my 3rd gen Nano & iPhone.

HI any updates on the installation job? I find 2 days job by PML a bit ridiculous! I am unaware of any complications in installing such a unit. 2 days for programming? I mean wouldn't that make a DIY job very dangerous? considering that PML would have to take 2 days to do 'programming'?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79ist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back