Disabling Auto tailgate (boot)

BaSh8181

Hi All,

I hate the automatic tailgate boot opening n closing of my 523i. Whenever I drive into carpark that requires check of my car boot, the security officers will slam the boot with force instead of pressing the automatic close button.

This caused the hydraulic to have a forced close. This is even made worse when we can't close the boot with a button inside the car n we have to come out of the car n walk to the boot n press the bloody close button!

How do I disable this automatic feature?!!

Re: Disabling Auto tailgate (boot)

My friend had spend $8k to fix up the auto boot on his 523i so is interesting to know it's not a preferred feature for some.
Maybe you can sell it or exchange it some other owners, or to get the coding done to enable the auto closing from the button in the car.

Just 2 cents worth opinion because I have faced such situations before...

I would dismount my car and offer to close the boot lid myself.

Or you could upgrade a software on iDrive that allows you to close the boot lid with the same button that you opened it from within the car.

Disabling auto tailgate may not solve problem because open close hydraulics are built to suit electronic control and will still get damaged if slammed shut too often.

I would just wind down the window and shout to jaga ..... "press the button dei ..... press the button".

after a few times they sure know what to do.

Alternatively .... put a card inside the boot that says "please press button to close boot" and stick a luminous sticker at the button there because the car park can be dark.

Last edited by a moderator:

And that's why some technologies are actually not that helpful.....

Like cellphone infra red...who uses them anymore???

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.

How to upgrade iDrive software.

I also just realised that Blackvue can only record up to the previous past 2 days! Damn it!

Hohoho.. Good weekends guys!

Look for site sponsors for iDrive upgrade. Cheap, fast and good.

Red_Bean_Bun;962754 said:
I would just wind down the window and shout to jaga ..... "press the button dei ..... press the button".

after a few times they sure know what to do.

Alternatively .... put a card inside the boot that says "please press button to close boot" and stick a luminous sticker at the button there because the car park can be dark.

Got 2 buttons, my wife got problem figuring out which one to press :) so the card inside better point to the right button :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back