DIY Reset Service Indicator Problem?

Hi all, anyone also tried this below? I think i reset everything to factory settings and all of the indicators (brake pad, oil change...etc) didn't countdown...

Those who tried this got any problem??

1. Put your key in the ignition and press the starter button, ( without foot on break ) all your warning lights should come on on the dash board.. P-Brake, Check Engine, etc.

2 Push your odometer reset button near the speedometer so your trip odometer goes to zero. ( this step is important )

3. Take key out of ignition

4. (Repeat step one), press start button, without foot on break, so all the warning lights come on again.

5. Quickly press the odometer reset button, and hold it for 5-10 seconds until an exclamation point, or icon for different service comes up. It will show up in between the speedometer and the tach. The micro filter comes up first for me. ( You can see a glossary of service icons in the service part of your iDrive )

6. To switch between service icons, quickly release and press the odometer button until the desired icon comes up.

7. To reset the service time, once on the desired icon, press and hold the odometer reset button for another 5-10 seconds and the milage under the icon should reset.

Re: DIY Reset Service Indicator Problem?

I notice too the counter won't count down after the diy reset for my e46. But don't worry. The ecu is still learning the driver driving pattern before the counter count down after the reset. Just drive the car for above 50km mileage and the counter will start to count down. The counter count down is base on the driver driving pattern and average speed. On actual mileage maybe you have clocked 100km but on the counter it has deduct 150km.

you are right !
for example, i service my car at 12k and next service is +12k = 24k
the obc service reminder light up at 27k mileage which is 3k more from the service reset
this means i drive the car gently and ecu smartly delay (slow count) 3k for next service ... bo tai chi ya :thumbsup:
drive for more than 1k+ milleage and see whether it reduce from 12k to 11k for next service count down

ken007;596368 said:
I notice too the counter won't count down after the diy reset for my e46. But don't worry. The ecu is still learning the driver driving pattern before the counter count down after the reset. Just drive the car for above 50km mileage and the counter will start to count down. The counter count down is base on the driver driving pattern and average speed. On actual mileage maybe you have clocked 100km but on the counter it has deduct 150km.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;596370 said:
you are right !
for example, i service my car at 12k and next service is +12k = 24k
the obc service reminder light up at 27k mileage which is 3k more from the service reset
this means i drive the car gently and ecu smartly delay (slow count) 3k for next service ... bo tai chi ya :thumbsup:
drive for more than 1k+ milleage and see whether it reduce from 12k to 11k for next service count down

Thanks all for the reply. Btw, a mechanic told me that the spark plug 100k KM countdown will reduce by 10,000 at one time. Meaning, I have to drive for like 10k before i can see the counter countdown. Can anyone concur this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back