Drift coilover at fong kim (E60)

mike211

It;\'s been a while and i have decided to change my coilover and chosen ' Drift coilover' at fong kim. Frankly speaking, not a bad choice as initially thought that changing of coilover will affect much on the ride but to my surprise..Its nt that bad. Overall i would say using rating below...

ride = 8.5/10
comfy = 8/10
hardness = 7.5/10
Price = 9/10
time taken = 3hrs installation
service = 9./10

Cheers. :juggle:

Re: Drift coilover at fong kim (E60)

mike211;466808 said:
It;\'s been a while and i have decided to change my coilover and chosen ' Drift coilover' at fong kim. Frankly speaking, not a bad choice as initially thought that changing of coilover will affect much on the ride but to my surprise..Its nt that bad. Overall i would say using rating below...

ride = 8.5/10
comfy = 8/10
hardness = 7.5/10
Price = 9/10
time taken = 3hrs installation
service = 9./10

Cheers. :juggle:

Bro...Service shud be excellect right???
what the height you adjust to?
can pm me the price??

Cheers!! Hamz

hamz;466826 said:
Bro...Service shud be excellect right???
what the height you adjust to?
can pm me the price??

Cheers!! Hamz

bro service is good. Cannot give excellent yet cos need them to rectify my little problem...hehe. Just minor problem only. will go see them tomorrow morning. After if it is solved, then give them best service award,hehe:juggle: low till no finger can pass thru, or maybe half my finger space. I'll try to show u pic tomorrow....

Hi Mike, can pm how much does it costs? Thanks.

wow tats super low...........pls pm me the price , tq

All Pm Sent , i think . If i miss out anyone...pls let me know...Cheers

Nice and low. Any rubbing issue? Actually, can't tell from your pictures coz the angle is a bit high. Plus picture a bit small.

ACS6;468595 said:
Nice and low. Any rubbing issue? Actually, can't tell from your pictures coz the angle is a bit high. Plus picture a bit small.

No rubbing issue bro. The guy Ah ZAI at fong kim did a very good job. Initial wants to lower to 1 to 1 and half finger spacing but he just lower it for me to half a finger spacing. He told me that i will come bk to him again it if he did wat i told him to..Cos i afraid there will be rubbing issue. He also said that becos my rim is a 19inch, so no prob in lowering to half finger spacing.....which is true enough.

Hi first time here but been browsing for a while.

I kinda have a question for my E90 320i 2008 make.

I want to install new suspension kit and was looking over H&R but they don't seem to have it for 320i E90 models...do anyone knoe if thats true? If so, what other brands are good?

Also I've changed my rims to 19" and from 205/55 to 235 front and 265 back. wld this make my tire scrap the insides of the chasis when i turn the wheel to the max left/ right?

Thanks!!!

did it for my e46..perfect!!

Sounds good. Good find for the Bimmer community. Hows the price as compared to say PSS9 or KW?

a lot cheaper..half the price given that it's made in Taiwan.

Wow! Good buy for you fellas then. Congrats on this fabulous find!

checkitout;471989 said:
Hi first time here but been browsing for a while.

I kinda have a question for my E90 320i 2008 make.

I want to install new suspension kit and was looking over H&R but they don't seem to have it for 320i E90 models...do anyone knoe if thats true? If so, what other brands are good?

Also I've changed my rims to 19" and from 205/55 to 235 front and 265 back. wld this make my tire scrap the insides of the chasis when i turn the wheel to the max left/ right?

Thanks!!!

Have!

H&R have sports suspension set aka Cup kits & Coilover kit for E90!

Sports suspension set part number is 31054-1

H&R Touring Cup Kit

• Lowers 1.5 inches on average
  • Superb ride quality
H&R Touring Cup Kits are our most popular spring and shock system. This kit is perfectly suited for those who desire improved ride comfort and performance, with moderate lowering. Enhance the look of your vehicle with a reduced fender well gap. Lower the center of gravity and reduce body roll for better handling. The progressive spring rate design provides superb ride quality and comfort. A lower wind resistance signature will make the vehicle more streamlined and improve gas mileage. Achieve all-around, better control with H&R shocks suspension damping.

For those interested in installing springs, consider installing the Touring Cup Kit suspension instead. If there is an application available for your vehicle, you will have the advantage of a complete, precision-designed system from day one.

touring_cup_kit_medium.jpg

Performance Coilovers set part number is 29177-1

Street Performance Coil Overs

• Lowers 1.0 - 2.5 inches on average
  • Fine tune lowering to what you want
H&R Street Performance Coil Overs are the suspension solution for discerning drivers—from daily drivers to serious tuners—can appreciate the awesome handling and superb ride comfort. H&R is the originator of the true coil over system for the street. Each custom valved shock is tuned with a precision-engineered progressive rate spring to create a finely tuned suspension system. The fully threaded shock body allows for adjustable vehicle lowering—to where you want. This feature helps balance vehicle weight, resulting in a lower center of gravity and improved performance and control.

c29177-1.jpg

I suggest KW V2 Street Comfort Coilovers.........hehehe

'The Great White'

Pssssstt......*injects poison*

King Cobra strikes again!

taizi_dominic;472089 said:
a lot cheaper..half the price given that it's made in Taiwan.

hi taizi, any reviews after driving for a while? heard that DR coilovers r replicas of D2. isit true? i got a customer giving me very bad reviews abt FK and DR, dunno whether isit he got vey bad blood with them or not...i almost wanted to send my car there alr...bt after wad he said, i need some more confirmation from u guys!! help!!

regret;473256 said:
hi taizi, any reviews after driving for a while? heard that DR coilovers r replicas of D2. isit true? i got a customer giving me very bad reviews abt FK and DR, dunno whether isit he got vey bad blood with them or not...i almost wanted to send my car there alr...bt after wad he said, i need some more confirmation from u guys!! help!!

hey bro, DR is very similar to D2 and BC coils. so far ride has been very comfortable yet firm. how come ur customer has bad reviews on FK and DR? People and service at FK has been good, think most forummers are quite satisfied with FK. i think for that kinda price for the coils, nothing to complain abt already =) very very satisfied with mine. go for it man.

ok la!! i just need some confirmation from more bros here. will do it next week! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohu90vnorg

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back