Driving in Sport Mode

Derrrick Yap

Do anyone realise that when sport mode is engage, the max gear is at gear 6th (Speed 100km/h) and not shifting further to 7 & 8.

Normal?

Re: Driving in Sport Mode

Go faster .

Walao seriously dude.

never go fast enough....you shd rev it to the red line before it will upshift again...thats why its call the sports mode..try to hit 200km/hr (somewhere safe pls) then you will see it upshift...

zhenlie;854852 said:
never go fast enough....you shd rev it to the red line before it will upshift again...thats why its call the sports mode..try to hit 200km/hr (somewhere safe pls) then you will see it upshift...

Like that jialak leh
Sg must manual upsift den

Derrrick Yap;854920 said:
Like that jialak leh
Sg must manual upsift den

dont need...just shift it back to normal mode it will upshift..you cruising at 100 why still need sports mode?

Last edited:

zhenlie;854923 said:
dont need...just shift it back to normal mode it will upshift..you cruising at 100 why still need sports mode?

Strange, y cant drive in sport mode for the responsive feel occasionally. It shd up shift too just like the normal mode ma. y can't it program to go all the way to 8th gear.

Derrrick Yap;855136 said:
Strange, y cant drive in sport mode for the responsive feel occasionally. It shd up shift too just like the normal mode ma. y can't it program to go all the way to 8th gear.
Sports mode suppose to drag long long. If not fast enuf, of course will not upshift lah.

On 5 spd GB, sports mode will stuck at 4th. Since i have nvr driven > 200km/h, i still don't know at what pt it shifts.

so for f10 that comes with 8sp will only upshift to 6sp (max) if drive in sports mode in spore?

gearbox might up lorry prematurely?

davidtch;855139 said:
Sports mode suppose to drag long long. If not fast enuf, of course will not upshift lah.

On 5 spd GB, sports mode will stuck at 4th. Since i have nvr driven > 200km/h, i still don't know at what pt it shifts.

by default i thought it should..but then again sports mode suppose to "tua" to prob 4-5k rpm then change...thats for auto, manual mode can tua all the way near to red then change...detrimental to engine overtime cos engine work triply hard...fuel burn extra more...usually when cruising its at high gear...you want the extra oomph then shd downshift...same for manual gear...thats why got the kickdown function for auto bimmers...it downshifts 1 or 2 gear when u pedal to the metal, will feel the button click below the accelerator...

Let me try put it in clearer perspective from my experiences playing withit.

Case #1 with X foot loading on accelerator.
1) Auto = Smooth and gradual at Y-pace, rpm will go upto 2k and it up shifts (rpm drops to ~1.5k), and it goes up the gears as speed increases. Everytime up shift at 2k rpm and rpm drops to 1.5k and the cycle continues till reach 90-100kmph hovering at

Last edited by a moderator:

acrually rpm dont drop less when upshift...its prob the throttle response quicker in sports mode hence the feel in less drop, it actually climbs faster...

anyway if want it to upshift in sports mode have to accelerarate pass the selected gear's powerband...layman terms....just loot more then will upshift...

quoted from: Rev matching & gear changing technique

Most gearboxes are designed so that when you change up a gear when accelerating, the next gear will be at the start of the engine's power band. This design provides maximum acceleration all the way up to the top speed of the car.

in the illustration (right diagram) the driver could choose second, third or forth gear. In second gear the engine speed would be at the top of the power band, not leaving room for much useful acceleration until the rev limiter is activated. In forth the revs would be too low, leading to sluggish performance (but perhaps decent fuel economy). In third gear the engine would be at start of the power band providing maximum acceleration – this would be the choice of the performance driver.

zhenlie;855202 said:
by default i thought it should..but then again sports mode suppose to "tua" to prob 4-5k rpm then change...thats for auto, manual mode can tua all the way near to red then change...detrimental to engine overtime cos engine work triply hard...fuel burn extra more...usually when cruising its at high gear...you want the extra oomph then shd downshift...same for manual gear...thats why got the kickdown function for auto bimmers...it downshifts 1 or 2 gear when u pedal to the metal, will feel the button click below the accelerator...

U cannot register what our points are. What we meant is it should upshift even at low speed and downshift when we throttle. Basically it should work like normal mode just that is more aggressive on sport mode.

What is the point of dragging the gear when we slowed down when we still wanted it to be in SM?

i think sports mode runs a "predefined sport mapping" which change the behaviour totally. not simply normal mode (standard mapping) + faster throttle response (what you want).
to improve aggresiveness, get a sprint booster :D

Derrrick Yap;855513 said:
U cannot register what our points are. What we meant is it should upshift even at low speed and downshift when we throttle. Basically it should work like normal mode just that is more aggressive on sport mode.

What is the point of dragging the gear when we slowed down when we still wanted it to be in SM?

Last edited by a moderator:

Derrrick Yap;855513 said:

upshift when low speed means that you are going to a longer gear ratio, which means that your acceleration would be lesser mah.....

you want aggressive when accelerating in sports mode, but also want it to be economical when cruising?

Derrrick Yap;854823 said:
Do anyone realise that when sport mode is engage, the max gear is at gear 6th (Speed 100km/h) and not shifting further to 7 & 8.

Normal?

Derrick...you seriously need POISON!!

wt_know;855515 said:
i think sports mode runs a "predefined sport mapping" which change the behaviour totally. not simply normal mode (standard mapping) + faster throttle response (what you want).
to improve aggresiveness, get a sprint booster :D

Yes

Also, higher rpm in lower gear = more responsive throttle + better power out of corners....

marklee;855522 said:
upshift when low speed means that you are going to a longer gear ratio, which means that your acceleration would be lesser mah.....

you want aggressive when accelerating in sports mode, but also want it to be economical when cruising?
Isn't this an oxymoron?

i think actually DCT is what TS wanted...

I give up explaining.

You guys jus like to drag your gear thru out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back