DVD Singapore Nav map?

yky

Can somebody tell me if the DVD Singapore map for the BMW factory Nav system ( 3,6, ?5 and 7 series ) is available locally? Presently, the stock CD map supplied appears rather incomplete in many areas, eg HDB block number.
I can't seem to get a proper answer from PML ( they say that a disc is available, but don't know if it is a CD or DVD ).

Re: DVD Singapore Nav map?

yky said:
Can somebody tell me if the DVD Singapore map for the BMW factory Nav system ( 3,6, ?5 and 7 series ) is available locally? Presently, the stock CD map supplied appears rather incomplete in many areas, eg HDB block number.
I can't seem to get a proper answer from PML ( they say that a disc is available, but don't know if it is a CD or DVD ).

KY..as mentioned to you earlier. The blocks are there...you have to search for it under the parking function when searching for hotspots. I ALWAYS can find the block, as it is ALWAYS located next to a carpark within the vicinity

RADON, yes, I know it can be done that way, but I am referring to the lack of blk numbers on the map itself when driving through a housing estate, you know...like the normal street directory in our car...the blk number is always displayed, regardless of whether u r looking for it or just passing by.

Called PML today. They have a DVD version of the Singapore map for the Nav. It includes major roads in Malaysia as well apparently. Cost.....quoted me SGD1600 !!
Don't u people think they should be doing this as a software upgrade service instead?

By the way, radon, I understand now that to find HDB blocks, u can look for the nearest public carpark. How about landed properties? can the exact address be found using our present BMW factory system?

$1600 can get you a pretty damn good Garmin GPS or even the Pioneer AVIC-N1... piangz.

yky said:
Called PML today. They have a DVD version of the Singapore map for the Nav. It includes major roads in Malaysia as well apparently. Cost.....quoted me SGD1600 !!
Don't u people think they should be doing this as a software upgrade service instead?

By the way, radon, I understand now that to find HDB blocks, u can look for the nearest public carpark. How about landed properties? can the exact address be found using our present BMW factory system?

erm wait. SGD1600 for the MAP?!?!?!?! people in the US contact the people who make the map and they send it to them FREE. damn.... ;/

^^ yep.. it's a free upgrade in US.. it really makes no sense to pay 1600 for the map of singapore. I'm not sure how much better is this new one, but the old version that first came out with the 7series pretty much sucked in terms of finding a specific address. it could only bring you close to it. But still.... i dun think it's quite worth the 1600. plus do you use it often enough to make it worth it? *dunno*

I called PML today, the DVD disc cost $600. Unfortunately it does not work with the 7 series. They are still sorting out the bugs.

Also no Blue tooth retrofit for 7 altho 5 has.

Frustrating.

yky said:

Nope...not that I noe of...but private houses much easier...key in street name and more or less, can find them. Then I would 'memorise' it into my GPS memory of addresses...accuracy is up to 10m

sa13sg said:
I called PML today, the DVD disc cost $600. Unfortunately it does not work with the 7 series. They are still sorting out the bugs.

Also no Blue tooth retrofit for 7 altho 5 has.

Frustrating.

$600 is a rip off.....

for 1600 buck s i think you are better off getting a PDA based GPS or even the TIBO............. chezzzzz these guys at PML............. lucky my friend is not the MD there................

Spoken to one of the salespeople at PML. The DVD maps for S'pore are indeed available since mid August.
The disc for the 3,5 and 6 series are different from the one for the X, Z and 7 series apparently. Why is it so, I don't know.
The one for the 7 ( X & Z ) is indeed about $1.6K. I guess the other disc ( 3,5 & 6 ) would be the one that is below $1K.

I have the gotten the latest map for SOUTHEAST ASIA 2013 CIC PREMIUM. I wonder if it can be updated for 2011 without update the 2012 first. Anybody allow me to give it a try, but must be F series. F02,F10,F20,F30. I charge a small fee of it because need to run decrypt a code for your vin update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back