e36 320i Check engine light

lefortez

hey guys,

does a 1993 manufactured e36 320i comes with a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT???

I was just meddling around my friend's car to do a obd1 fault check, but i just cant seem to get it activated. upon further inspection, the check engine light location seems to be blank.

do you guys have a check engine light on your e36 320i??

aaron

Re: e36 320i Check engine light

Mine is a 316 and I get a prompt for "oil service", "inspection" and a clock symbol if that's what you are looking for. Hope it got a "Check out that Chio Bu on your Left/Right" thingy though.

hey guys,

i am refering to the lighted indicator attached below. do all e36 come equiped with it? especially a e36 320i 1993 model.

if there's no check engine light, can i just get a new cluster with a check engine light and just plug and play??? a straight forward retrofit??

THANKS

My E36 (325i, March 1995, South African model) definitely is not fitted with the so-called “Check Engine” light, although it is OBD I based! It is therefore not possible to initiate the OBD-readout sequence by means of rhythmically depressing the accelerator pedal between end stops as would be the case if it had been fitted, as some newer models (shortly before OBD III), are.

funny though, my 1992 320i came with it. i wonder if the check engine light circuitry is already build in, if so, then i would just get a new cluster with the CEL and just plug and play. ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back