E36 front speaker

Re: E36 front speaker

fairly simple procedure, but u need to remove the knee panels - under the steering. held in place by 3 screws- on the left and right of the steering, and one towards the central console, lower down the foot well.
the door sill panel sits on top of this if i'm not wrong, so remove that before u unscrew the speaker panels...
if its the first time u're doing it, i'd suggest that u NOT use excessive force.. might break some clips..:)
hoep this helps...

cheers
michael

perhaps out of point....but pay $20 to get an installer to do it... easy. If they break anything, they pay for it.

bro, i tend to agree w oneheadlight... since i believe u still haven't bought a speaker yet anway, since u dunno the size... if i dun remember wrongly, the e36 is a 5.25" as standard, though i really can't remember if there are standard tweet mounts... if not, the dash is still my personal preference. I really envy the e36 design, as the mids are in the front kicks, which, if properly instaled n properly driven, it give really very sweet sound & staging, compared with most door mounts which most of us have now, which tend to have a little too much air space behind the speakers, and thus you'll need really good/appropriate amount of damping (not too much, nor too little) and even more difficult to drive the 'ideal', given the air space, unless you build a 'box' into the doors, which is a different class of install altogether... happy icing, n enjoy the sweet sounds the e36 position offers!

haha..i kinda agree...get someone to do it if u dun feel confident.... but do get someone who's had experience with your car mate...:).. i'm sure the chaps here would know where to point u!..:)

E36 have front speakers? I thought don't have after opening the driver's door..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bittcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back