E46, 320 Vs E90 320

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi otto,

The new 320i is a "rebadge" of the current 318i. Rightfully so because the engine capacity is ~2litres. Thus the comparison is more suited if done between these two cars (E46 318i - E90 320i).

At this point in time, it could be premature to make any comparisons prior to the launch of the E90, but if price is anything to go by, the current E46s (esp 318i) are going at rock-bottom prices, whereas the 320i may have gone up(?).

Nevertheless, I look forward to launch of the E90; Whether it can surpass the skeptism, or live up to the expectations of current & new owners.

Puny said:
Hi otto,

The new 320i is a "rebadge" of the current 318i. Rightfully so because the engine capacity is ~2litres. Thus the comparison is more suited if done between these two cars (E46 318i - E90 320i).

At this point in time, it could be premature to make any comparisons prior to the launch of the E90, but if price is anything to go by, the current E46s (esp 318i) are going at rock-bottom prices, whereas the 320i may have gone up(?).

Nevertheless, I look forward to launch of the E90; Whether it can surpass the skeptism, or live up to the expectations of current & new owners.

Hi dude,

thanks for the insight.

what do you mean the 320 prices went up?
now going at 153 with everthing thrown in ley...

I thought it's a good deal.

OttO

otto said:

OttO

Otto, prior to the drop in prices about 6 months back, the 318i (with kit) was going for around $141K and the basic 320i was going for $147K.

The same 318i with kit now is around $132K (before rebate), but conversely, the 320i is priced slightly higher $153K.

It's most probably due to the additions you've mentioned. I presume it's the M-suspension, clear lights, sports seats & bodykit - thus in this sense, prices may be relatively unchanged (taking into account the additions cost about $8K? and the lower COE prices)

In any case, the 320i has much higher mod capability and a proven record here, you can't go wrong with it. hehehe.. :twisted:

Cheers.

otto said:
Otto, prior to the drop in prices about 6 months back, the 318i (with kit) was going for around $141K and the basic 320i was going for $147K.

The same 318i with kit now is around $132K (before rebate), but conversely, the 320i is priced slightly higher $153K.

It's most probably due to the additions you've mentioned. I presume it's the M-suspension, clear lights, sports seats & bodykit - thus in this sense, prices may be relatively unchanged (taking into account the additions cost about $8K? and the lower COE prices)

In any case, the 320i has much higher mod capability and a proven record here, you can't go wrong with it. hehehe.. :twisted:

Cheers.

Isn't $132k for non-kitted 318?
I thought they stop selling the sports edition...

yup, $132K is for the exlcusive edition which is currently sold out, sports edition is going for $139K now. :)

Puny said:
otto said:

OttO

Cheers.

hi dude,

thanks.

have already place an order for a 320.
what mods should start with? Would prefer a power upgrade.

BTW, what the diff from M suspension to stock? a bit worried about the 225F and 245R. cannot rotate.

I'm new, so show me the lights.

otto

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk888live
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back