E46 Exhaust Box to give-away

TobyNik

Legendary 10 Years
Re: E46 Exhaust Box to give-away

marko-polo said:
Dear All,

Was in the process of doing some spring cleaning when I came across some stuff from my previous ride, got an exhaust box (the part where the tail pipes stick out) to give away to those who may have a leaky one due to corrosion.

Hi

May I know which model was the muffler for? And how old is it?

If it's for 320 and above with 2 tail pipes, I may pick it up from you.....

TIA

CHeers!

Hi, I have a used stock box from center pipe down to the rear box. Its 2 years old and it has chrome exhaust tips atttached at the rear twin pipes.
Its from a 2002 sep E46 320i 4 door. I am looking for a garbage collector. Interested? Its taking up space in my store room. Cheers.

marko-polo said:
Dear All,

Was in the process of doing some spring cleaning when I came across some stuff from my previous ride, got an exhaust box (the part where the tail pipes stick out) to give away to those who may have a leaky one due to corrosion.

Hi jus to check wif you whether its aftermarket exhausts or stock exhaust that you were mentioning....?

Thks....

unwanted stock mufflers are good for operating on. many of us have saved a shitload of money operating on stock mufflers rather than spending 1k on an aftermarket one. food for thought.

e46rubber said:
Hi, I have a used stock box from center pipe down to the rear box. Its 2 years old and it has chrome exhaust tips atttached at the rear twin pipes.
Its from a 2002 sep E46 320i 4 door. I am looking for a garbage collector. Interested? Its taking up space in my store room. Cheers.

Hi e46rubber
Can I be the garbage collector to have your stock 320i muffler?

Please let me know how I can pick it up from you?

THanks! :thumbsup:

Can PM me?

racebred,
can you elaborate the operation for stock muffler? and what good will it do to the car's performance.

Racebred said:
unwanted stock mufflers are good for operating on. many of us have saved a shitload of money operating on stock mufflers rather than spending 1k on an aftermarket one. food for thought.

Should I ? :laughlik: I still hv my stock ones at home. can take one for try.

but if its 318 then would it lose some power by straightening the pipings?
jus wondering cos i dunno....
tot so bcos heard ppl say bfore that if car not powerful then straight pipings would cause it to los power izzit true?
pardon me for being so ignorant RB.....

Cheers... TIA

Rick1818 said:
tot so bcos heard ppl say bfore that if car not powerful then straight pipings would cause it to los power izzit true?

Cheers... TIA

Well, thats the beauty of doing stock box's operation. They cut open your muffler like a sardine can and re-adjust the chamber plates and pipes and add steel wool to resonance the sound!!! In addition, by shifting the chamber plates along with the ventilated pipes, you are also adjusting the back pressure create by the muffler. The choice is for yours to experiment and tell them what you want. Dont like? then come back and re-do it!!! good luck

legend:
1) ========= straight pipe
2)::::::::::::::: hole-ventilated pipe w steel wool surrounding
3) [ ] Muffler
4) [ I I ]3 Chambered muffler

Limitless designs!!!

[===I:::::I==]3

or

[:::::I==I:::::]3

or

[:::::::::::::::]3

or

[=========]3

e46rubber said:
Rick1818 said:

Cheers... TIA

Well, thats the beauty of doing stock box's operation. They cut open your muffler like a sardine can and re-adjust the chamber plates and pipes and add steel wool to resonance the sound!!! The choice is for you to experiment and tell them what you want... dont like, come back and re-do it!!! good luck

legend:
1) ========= straight pipe
2)::::::::::::::: hole-ventilated pipe w steel wool surrounding
3) [ ] Muffler
4) [ I I ]3 Chambered muffler

[===I:::::I==]3

or

[:::::I==I:::::]3

or

[:::::::::::::::]3 (supersprint design, i think)

or

[=========]3
so which is louder?? the supersprint or the operated box??

Snowman,

It's not about which is louder. If you want it to be louder than supersprint, my guess is yes it can be done. If you want it to be softer, then don't do anything. It all depends on what you want and they'll try to cater to your listening likes by adjusting the internal organs. If you want it to sound the same and perform like supersprint, good luck brother!! The construction and design and material used for supersprint is unparalleled by any....in terms of factory exhaust-wise. That's why aftermarket exhaust is so expensive. Supersprint I've heard so far, is nothing but SWEET!!!. Far from loud too and best of all, the bass freq does not resonance back into the cabin, which hence, make it one of the most drivable after-market exhaust in Singapore. Most importantly, it's 100% legal. How to go wrong?
Nevertheless, perform the operation is cheapest!

e46rubber said:
Snowman,

It's not about which is louder. If you want it to be louder than supersprint, my guess is yes it can be done. If you want it to be softer, then don't do anything. It all depends on what you want and they'll try to cater to your listening likes by adjusting the internal organs. If you want it to sound the same and perform like supersprint, good luck brother!! The construction and design and material used for supersprint is unparalleled by any....in terms of factory exhaust-wise. That's why aftermarket exhaust is so expensive. Supersprint I've heard so far, is nothing but SWEET!!!. Far from loud too and best of all, the bass freq does not resonance back into the cabin, which hence, make it one of the most drivable after-market exhaust in Singapore. Most importantly, it's 100% legal. How to go wrong?
hi, but its not so safe to operate the box due to the future annual inspection right? and also, comparing supersprint and remus, which do u recommend for valvetronic??

snowman said:
e46rubber said:
Snowman,

hi, but its not so safe to operate the box due to the future annual inspection right? and also, comparing supersprint and remus, which do u recommend for valvetronic??

Personally? Supersprint. However, Remus do have one ready-made exhaust system for the 318 that runs dual pipe output; one for the left (standard position w muffler) and another that run through to the otherside around the spare tire compartment and out from the right! From there, you can even mod each pipe into twin pipes per side.....becoming quad "working"pipes. Overkilling it though, but quite steam. 8)

e46rubber said:
snowman said:
e46rubber said:
Snowman,

Personally? Supersprint. However, Remus do have one ready-made exhaust system for the 318 that runs dual pipe output; one for the left (standard position w muffler) and another that run through to the otherside around the spare tire compartment and out from the right! From there, you can even mod each pipe into twin pipes per side.....becoming quad "working"pipes. Overkilling it though, but quite steam. 8)
oh....may i know the reason why choose supersprint instead of remus?? izzit becos supersprint perform better than remus for valvetronic?? by the way, which is louder?

As for performance-wise, i dont think you'll even feel it, unless you want to dyno it before and after.(for that slight increase?) For me, it's just a personal choice. At the end of the day. it all boils down to personal preference. i.e Would you put something that perform well but looks like crap on your ride? or vice versa. Best bet is supersprint is more easy to your ears. Perhaps other brothers can share some light for you. Go check out the two products and consider from there. cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back