e60 died on me

zag

Re: e60 died on me

denden said:
Hi all,
just need to know whether e60 owners hv d same problem.
my e60 occassionally engine stalled when i full lock when parking, turn out from a lot, etc.
most amusingly, i hv noticed whenever i move off from siglap shell station, esp at the exit about to move off onto the main road, the rpm fell & the engine jus when dead.
I almost buy d tot, d place may hv a fair bit of electro flux tat interfere w d sophisicated engine. but think again soph engine sure hv way to repell all tis....
I will b goin pml for the 3rd time! they cant solve so far. upgraded the software still hvin same problem.
Anyone hvin same problem? Any advice? :(

is yrs a 520i? I have heard at least 3 cases so far on 520i in sg.
the last chap reported his stalling problem here (were you in this forum too?):
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=334&st=1065

Re: e60 died on me

denden said:
Hi all,
just need to know whether e60 owners hv d same problem.
my e60 occassionally engine stalled when i full lock when parking, turn out from a lot, etc.
most amusingly, i hv noticed whenever i move off from siglap shell station, esp at the exit about to move off onto the main road, the rpm fell & the engine jus when dead.
I almost buy d tot, d place may hv a fair bit of electro flux tat interfere w d sophisicated engine. but think again soph engine sure hv way to repell all tis....
I will b goin pml for the 3rd time! they cant solve so far. upgraded the software still hvin same problem.
Anyone hvin same problem? Any advice? :(

My E60 had the engine stalling several times upon ignition. Went to PML, they uploaded a "new" software, an guess what? I have the same problem as yours, which is worst than the initial problem! Then they ask the German guy to load another software which "touch wood" so far so good. The SA told me that the German guy told him that I have "mod" my car and pointed to the Ecotek that may have cause the stalling??? :shock: He then ask me what's the ECOTEK for and that the German guy wants to know. I told him that it's impossible that the ECOTEK cause this stalling problem and also if they don;t know what it actually does how could they come to the conclusion that it may have caused the problem!

ecotek intoduces air AFTER your MAF, remember, so it means whatever airflow, no matter how little, is not recorded. your fuelling is almost certain to be running leaner than what the ECU thinks it's supposed to run.

yup mine is a 520i.
so far i hv not being in tat forum.
my is stil 'original'. nothing added 2 d car so far. a german guy also attn 2 me but cant giv a satisfactorily answer so far..
now i m getting disappointed. i hear 525 is better. not much problem. aft upgrd d software, now worst, got 2 press 'accept' b4 can use idriv. :verysad:
guess we e60 owner mus breathe down their neck every time we send in for tis kinda problem. only then they wil realise we r fedup with their cars, service, etc, n hopefully they can sincerely explore a true solution 2 solve it totally.

Touch wood but we have had no problems with our 520 E60 yet. Only small niggle is the driver's window sensor a little 'hiong' and detects imaginary hands in the gap when closing and thus reverses back down occassionally.

BorisRS said:
Touch wood but we have had no problems with our 520 E60 yet. Only small niggle is the driver's window sensor a little 'hiong' and detects imaginary hands in the gap when closing and thus reverses back down occassionally.

Does this strange phenomenon start only this week ????? 7th month u know hahahahaha !!!!!! :screwedu: :errr:

BorisRS said:

sounds to me like there is a mechanical glitch in the motor.

Yah. Small issue so not even bothering to make special trip in just to fix it. Will get it done at around 5k mileage when doing 'kia soo' oil and filter change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetninja
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back