E60 Intake Recommendations

cOLOr_pEnCiL

E60 owners, any brand recommendations for intake with minimal low end loss? Drop in, airbox replacement with conical filter or keep stock? Thanks.

Re: E60 Intake Recommendations

Hi bro

I was asking the same questions previously and came to the conclusion that:

1) Keep stock airbox
2) Replace with BMC or KNN filter, depends on which school of thought you belong to
3) Install R2D air scoop customised for E60

I was thinking of AFE but have heard that it will have low end loss

Most cold air intakes will cause low end loss abit but negligible in my opinion vs the growl from the open pod and the increase in high end. I am on AFE Stage 2. Rev engine that time hear liao sibeh song :)

I'm on AFE too. Great mod! Coupled with Powerbox you wont feel any low end power loss.
There's an AFE on sale on this foum Classifieds. Go for it! No regrets for a cheap mod with astounding sound effects at high rev.

Thanks for all replies. It seems like AFE stage 2 and BMC drop in are the more popular options. Low end loss also seems subjective to everyone. I am actually quite particular and sensitive about low end power but how is the FC between these two? Any differences compared to stock? Thanks.

pongster;650441 said:
Am on BMC... serving me well since Nov 2010... :)

BMC rocks.........

cheers

Hi,

Who brings in the the AFE intake and price i'm looking at?

Cheers!

MW;650019 said:
Most cold air intakes will cause low end loss abit but negligible in my opinion vs the growl from the open pod and the increase in high end. I am on AFE Stage 2. Rev engine that time hear liao sibeh song :)

Is it as loud as gruppe? I read can give extra 28bhp plus save petrol, isit true?

Where u install & hw much?

Tks

Since my last post, i have also installed AFE stage 2 ; got it 2nd hand from a fellow bro here.

No low end loss as i am on Pbox, in fact i felt that there is a slightly better pull during acceleration. Had it for a month already and now immune to the effect, but no regrets in getting this.

Regarding the sound, its not that loud but only during hard acceleration

in summary, go for it...:)

Is bmc the stainless steel mesh filter?

shiokS60;668221 said:
Hi,

Who brings in the the AFE intake and price i'm looking at?

Cheers!

ME

'The Great White'

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neo79commx

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups