E60 M5 sighting?

reardriven

I was driving along Upp Thomson Rd (to grab quick dinner) when I saw an E60 turn in from AMK Ave 1. It was gun-metallic in colour, sports the M5 rear bumper with quad-exhaust and has thhhick steam-roller tires. :shock:

Didn't manage to pull alongside to take a closer look (running a 50% horsepower deficit here) and I had to turn right (, was hungry for dinner remember?).

Is it the real-mccoy???? :inlove:

reardriven said:
I was driving along Upp Thomson Rd (to grab quick dinner) when I saw an E60 turn in from AMK Ave 1. It was gun-metallic in colour, sports the M5 rear bumper with quad-exhaust and has thhhick steam-roller tires. :shock:

Didn't manage to pull alongside to take a closer look (running a 50% horsepower deficit here) and I had to turn right (, was hungry for dinner remember?).

Got the license plate?

I already saw a pseudo E60 M5 with what you described, except it was out about 2 months back and didn't have the ///M badge.

Dont really think the car is here yet tho.

ryan said:
reardriven said:

Got the license plate?

I already saw a pseudo E60 M5 with what you described, except it was out about 2 months back and didn't have the ///M badge.

Dont really think the car is here yet tho.

If I recall correctly, it's got a bidded number plate beginning with the letters 'EE'.

To create a pseudo M5, the owner would need to buy a "bodykit" from PML right? --- front and rear bumers, front and rear blistered fenders and big brakes conversion. Expensive! Oh and the exhaust too!

Hi all,

M5 aftermarket body kitted is already available in the S'pore and a couple of the 520i/525i/530i have it on and debadged to M5.....so just go ahead and gun them down, to all M3 owners.

E60 M5 will arrive in SG about June, and register in July ... according to sources in PML involve with the M-program

Saw one white E60 modded to look like M5.. nice!

reardriven said:
If I recall correctly, it's got a bidded number plate beginning with the letters 'EE'.

To create a pseudo M5, the owner would need to buy a "bodykit" from PML right? --- front and rear bumers, front and rear blistered fenders and big brakes conversion. Expensive! Oh and the exhaust too!

EE64E i believe. I saw from a distance the back view of this car parked, the quad pipes really looked like M5, walked over and examine it. The body kit is not the M-sport pakage (not ACS either), cant remenber the brand of the kit. Rims ACS Type 4 19". Saw the owner, but dare not ask him 530/525/520...

the e60 M5 will not reach singapore until later part of the year. Even July would be optimistic. however, it would be nice to see one running around.

The car you saw was probably a body kitted car. just like there are a few psuedo m3s around... heh heh...

MRacer77 said:
the e60 M5 will not reach singapore until later part of the year. Even July would be optimistic. however, it would be nice to see one running around.

The car you saw was probably a body kitted car. just like there are a few psuedo m3s around... heh heh...

this car is modded by SWC. the whole kit was designed by mike from pics n made by his own supplier. very similar to the M-sports front n side. u will c the diff only on close comparisons. the back however is m-5 identical. its running on the type 4 ac rims....the 4 pipes r made by fong kim. n the car is a 525.

totoseow said:
MRacer77 said:

this car is modded by SWC. the whole kit was designed by mike from pics n made by his own supplier. very similar to the M-sports front n side. u will c the diff only on close comparisons. the back however is m-5 identical. its running on the type 4 ac rims....the 4 pipes r made by fong kim. n the car is a 525.

Bro you know the 525 owner?

totoseow said:

Wah, Mike doing kit conversation from pics :thumbsup:

Had a fleeting glance at that car and its definitely a head-turner! :drool:

[/quote]

Bro you know the 525 owner?[/quote]

no barry..i only saw the car at mike's. the back is sibei swee lor...but front not so alike the m-kit la...the fog lights area slightly different.

wah mike is so kilat now?

me thinking of doing a e46 m3 wide body. anybody interested to do the same? maybe slap on real CSL rims once body is widened.

Thot Ah Lye has done some conversion from stk to M3 look b4. Know he changed a 320cii to M3 cabrio.

totoseow said:
MRacer77 said:

What is SWC? They do custom bodykit?

To be honest, I have been quite suckered into the look of the E60. IMHO, it looks more butch and sporty than the incoming E90. The E90 does not make the E46 look like ah-gong (grandpa) but the E60 certainly makes the E39 look grey at the temples and in the pubes too! :lol:

MRacer77 said:

I was quoted 470k for one by PML. Seems like only 3 is allocated to SG for this year and will only arrive sometime in August.

But I rather wait for M6 though :)

MRacer77 said:

So PML told you so yeah when you placed your order?
Cool Pak....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back