E60 M5

pokpok

Nice car nice rims nice technology..... but hell it is not for people who want to feel involved in driving and having control of the car ....

First hand experience of the M5 recently when i was out with my schoolmate who has one...(damn russians) And i can now relate to why all the complaints on the i-drive... my MK IV navi could input and reconfigure where i want to go faster than the i-drive and still have enough time for me to have a drink. The M seats are acool feature as it hugs your body as and when the car corners etc.. but takes some getting used to i think... weird... feels like the car is molesting you hahaha...

The gear changing on the SMG is very very very WOW! But then i think on the business point of view of the old farts who are the usual ones who buy it and prob cannot bear to handle a stick shift anymore.... the SMG does not feel as involving nor does it feel like much ... no doubt though that the gear box is nice and really amazing, but it has lost some of the fun in driving a manual. tastes and preferences i guess.... but is sure is an everyday driveable car... just when oil prices are not going crazy only... trying hard to convince him to go to hockenheim.... :D but he has to get rid of the 270 limiter first i think... and the crappy OEM exhaust, sounds like the car is sulking everytime he revvs it.

my 2 cents worth at a late night here again... hope you all are having fun in Singapore... mooncakes... yummmmm all i can get here is expensive crap asian stuff. try paying CHF 2 for a yeo's chrysanthemum tea.... ridiculous...!!!!!

Re: E60 M5

M5 is too heavy to be sporty. To me it's just a powerful executive cruiser with better handling than it's competitors. 1.8 tons sports car? get outta here.

Racebred said:
1.8 tons sports car? get outta here.

RB, what wld be the ideal weight range for performance cars? Thanks.

performance sports cars? 1.2 tons will be reasonable. but realistically, in this consumer-oriented world + crash test requirements, about 1.4 tons i suppose. 1.6 will be so-so, 1.8 will be fat.

are you mad? me in russia? i prob get mob 3 times a day.... hahahaha

no i am in switzerland this teammate of mine has the M5.... but i hope he learns to drive better... hahaha...

1.8 tons heavy? it might be a lot, but hell... it has got character and it still pulls like a true beast... plus have you tried going on the autobahns and french highways yet? i am thankful for the weight... might have been BMW brand Canned Human otherwise i think.... hahaha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back