E60 Rims and Tyres

Liverpudlian

Guys,

What is a good setup for E60?

I am looking at a comfortable ride so not lowering at all.

Was recommended 19" but i was thinking will it be comfortable? I was thinking 18" but i know it looks better on 19... Any advice?

Staggered set up? Whats the recommended size?

What tyres will u guys recommend?

Thanks for your advice!

Re: E60 Rims and Tyres

are u the one that bought the white e60 in sime darby show room? :)

Go with 19. Trust me, it's still v comfortable.
If 3-er on 19 is still comfortable then it's even more comfortable on a bigger car.
Remember your tire profiles as well..It's typically higher by 5mm. The problem is however, u will need to special order those tires. Most people dont bother and just take whatever tire sizes suggested by the tire shop.

Comfortable tires are Michelin and Conti IMO.
Bridgestones are bit hard. Yokohama is typically a little noisier.
Pirelli is decent but might as well get Michelin coz I believe the price aint that far off.

If u go staggered, get 8.5 Front and 9.5 Rear
Front offsets bout +12 to +15, Rear offsets +22 to +25..these should make the wheels quite flushed to the fenders. Then slap on 235/40/19 tires front and 265/35/19 tires rear. ...For 3er the tires are 235/35 and 265/30 so u get the pics there

As to what rims to recommend..well, it depends on your budget..
I know it's a bit common but the M5 166 rims are very nice on 5er IMO but no individuality anymore.

Not me Bro Hitmee.

Thanks TripleM, Personally like the 166 as well, whats the price of a typical 19" tyres and how often do u change? 30k?

Thanks!

Hi Liverpulian

I was in the market for E60 rims recently, found out the optimal setting is 20 inches.
19 will look small..its like 18 on E46...

depends whether u want faster pickup or good looks..

The ideal setup is staggered front 245/35/20 back 285/30/20.
8.5J or 9J front , 10 J rear.

Yokohoma Advan sports around 480 a piece for 20inches.

comfort + looks.... 166M hands down 245 front 275 rear

recommended tires : PS2

Liverpudlian;201082 said:
Not me Bro Hitmee.

Thanks TripleM, Personally like the 166 as well, whats the price of a typical 19" tyres and how often do u change? 30k?

Thanks!

tire change depends on how much u drive... alignment setting and how hard u push ur car...very difficult to day... i know of people who havent change tires in 50 000km and someone who change tires only after 15 000

Some tires last damn long
My PS2 has clocked in bout 20km or so + 1 Track day and it's still showing no sign of balding. I reckon it will last another 10km easily

hetraa;201128 said:
Hi Liverpulian

I was in the market for E60 rims recently, found out the optimal setting is 20 inches.
19 will look small..its like 18 on E46...

depends whether u want faster pickup or good looks..

The ideal setup is staggered front 245/35/20 back 285/30/20.
8.5J or 9J front , 10 J rear.

Yokohoma Advan sports around 480 a piece for 20inches.

Bro,

20 too big man... no doubt it will look damm good... i was initially thinking 18" man... Looks like 19 is the way to go...

Where u did your rims?

Is it true that Italy m5 166 rims have some problem when travelling at high speed?

Heard from Rays Tyres.

Anyone can verify?

err 250+kmh high enough for u? car still super stable....no problems. 20 is definitely too big...u will feel that the car picks up damn slowly.

19 is optimal...drop ur suspension spring will do..wun be harsh. i m using 235 n 265...comfy as hell....see at next meet up.

I ordered my rims from Leong Seng..:)
Liverpudlian;201376 said:
Bro,

20 too big man... no doubt it will look damm good... i was initially thinking 18" man... Looks like 19 is the way to go...

Where u did your rims?

you see i was told my raymond that a few guys on e60 brought the rims back and complain that car at 90 or 100km/h had vibrations on the steering wheel.

not good vibrations....

Liverpudlian;202722 said:
Is it true that Italy m5 166 rims have some problem when travelling at high speed?

Heard from Rays Tyres.

Anyone can verify?

second what toto wrote... no problem at whatever speed up to the limit 250kph. there shouldn't be any vibration.

however if you are a lively driver, sport suspension with 19" must be considered.
comfort no problem even with OEM sport suspension.

totoseow;202830 said:
did they buy the replicas? cannot be la...

Hello TotoSeow,

Do you mean that the replica will vibrate? I was about to confirm a set of rims for my yet to be delivered 523.

Actually still contemplating whether to go for 18 or 19 replica.

Appreciate your advise.

hi...no i am not suggesting that ALL replicas will vibrate. but u know when things r copied n sold on at a cheaper price, there MAY be a compromise somewhere...

my point is that..friends i know with the original 166M rims....none spoke about vibrations.

for me...what u pay is what u get i feel.

Hi, understand. Good things don't come cheap and cheap things may not be good.

totoseow;203139 said:
hi...no i am not suggesting that ALL replicas will vibrate. but u know when things r copied n sold on at a cheaper price, there MAY be a compromise somewhere...

my point is that..friends i know with the original 166M rims....none spoke about vibrations.

for me...what u pay is what u get i feel.

Could simply be a high speed balancing issue in that instance when the guy vibrated at 90 to 100km/h. Oops I mean when he experienced vibrations.

the vibration problem might be because hubcentric ring or commonly known as center ball not installed... most replica rims need to install this... its like a ring that is fitted at ur hub to fit the rims more snugly

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back