e60 scrap value

Re: e60 scrap value

I just enquired today, current body about 3k.

its Export. My COE is due in 3 months time so just called an exporter to check it out.

Anyone has a relatively new rotor and brake pad to dekit B4 sending ur ride to scrap??? Can pm me tks.

seems like body value for e60 quite low.. i juz export my mk5 GTI.. gotten 2.8k for it ..

That's with PARF rebate factored in. My PARF rebate for a similar 523i is $29,036. Means he got around $2k for body value. Very doable

mercur1al;1125398 said:
That's with PARF rebate factored in. My PARF rebate for a similar 523i is $29,036. Means he got around $2k for body value. Very doable
Right and we are only able to use PARF rebate when we register another car under our name be it used/new right? Thanks for clearing that up for me mercur1al :)

Jumb0;1125426 said:
Right and we are only able to use PARF rebate when we register another car under our name be it used/new right? Thanks for clearing that up for me mercur1al :)

No, I am not sure if that was the case in the past but not now.

I just exported my 325i last month. What I did was, pass the car to exporter. Exporter will pay you body value in cash.

From there you have 2 options:
1. Exporter does de-registration paperwork etc for u and pays you parf rebate/residual COE in cash, minus 1% admin fee.

2. You do everything yourself, and LTA mails you a cheque for the full sum of rebate.

I went for option 2, mainly because I didn't see a point in paying 1% for such a simple job. What I did was, the following day after handing my car to an exporter, head down to LTA, de register my car. Took 5 mins.

Subsequently, wait for the exporter to send documentary proof that my car has been exported to LTA, and then login using Singpass to encash the PARF rebate.

It's easy and fuss free, but longer waiting time. If you don't need the PARF rebate urgently, its a viable method.

However, take note that you got to get it to an exporter you trust. LTA informed me when I deregistered my car that they expect to receive export documents from the exporter within a one month period, otherwise I might get fined. Therefore, please find a trusted exporter, and the onus is on you to bug the exporter to ensure the documents get sent to LTA on time.

mercur1al;1125429 said:
No, I am not sure if that was the case in the past but not now.

I just exported my 325i last month. What I did was, pass the car to exporter. Exporter will pay you body value in cash.

From there you have 2 options:
1. Exporter does de-registration paperwork etc for u and pays you parf rebate/residual COE in cash, minus 1% admin fee.

2. You do everything yourself, and LTA mails you a cheque for the full sum of rebate.

I went for option 2, mainly because I didn't see a point in paying 1% for such a simple job. What I did was, the following day after handing my car to an exporter, head down to LTA, de register my car. Took 5 mins.

Subsequently, wait for the exporter to send documentary proof that my car has been exported to LTA, and then login using Singpass to encash the PARF rebate.

It's easy and fuss free, but longer waiting time. If you don't need the PARF rebate urgently, its a viable method.

However, take note that you got to get it to an exporter you trust. LTA informed me when I deregistered my car that they expect to receive export documents from the exporter within a one month period, otherwise I might get fined. Therefore, please find a trusted exporter, and the onus is on you to bug the exporter to ensure the documents get sent to LTA on time.

Okay.. I see where this leads me to. Thanks a lot for giving me all this information. It really helped me and my parents. Now we're going to discuss and decide upon which would be a good bimmer (low mileage etc) to choose!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubbio

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back