E60 Vibration when Idling?!?!

shiokS60

Fellow E60 bros,

I just took delivery of my car 12 days ago. When the car comes to a complete stop/ while idling i can immediately feel the car's vibration via my seat, brake pedal and steering. Not very big vibration but it is more than my previous 4.5 yrs old E46 with 97k mileage.

Anyone who have just collected their E60 and got the similar problem? :mad:

Re: E60 Vibration when Idling?!?!

my E60 is 3+yr old, i do feel vibration only on my steering wheel when idling and i've check with J4C, they said its common.
i personally thinks that vibration on seat and pedal is not very right, u shld sent back to PML for a check.:errr:

I have arranged for an appointment next week to get it checked, am not feeling very comfortable about it, now drove for 900km and its getting more significant...

**Moderator pls help to close this thread as i accidently posted 2 similar thread. TIA!

shiokS60;450225 said:
I have arranged for an appointment next week to get it checked, am not feeling very comfortable about it, now drove for 900km and its getting more significant...

**Moderator pls help to close this thread as i accidently posted 2 similar thread. TIA!

if yr car is brand new, then u ought to go back PML, ask for a newer car! :whattheh:
slight vibration is acceptable, but to say u can feel it on brake pedals...??? thats too much
either u hv very sensitive skin or yr car might have engine mount issue, or mis-firing.

Thinking back, when i test drove the black 525i at PML, the vibration while idling on the test car was twice as bad and the mileage was 900km ++ if i remembered correctly. At the traffic light, i turn over and ask the SE why is the vibration so bad and he could only reply "ya hor" and told me could be due to it being a test car. hmmm...

I found the engine speed at idling when I got my car to be very low - about 600 rpm only. Asked PML to tune it up to about 750 rpm, and the vibration disappeared. So if your idling engine speed is that low, you may want to try this.

sjlim;450286 said:
I found the engine speed at idling when I got my car to be very low - about 600 rpm only. Asked PML to tune it up to about 750 rpm, and the vibration disappeared. So if your idling engine speed is that low, you may want to try this.

Just went to check and my rpm while idling is indeed only about 600rpm... thanks for the suggestion... hope the problem is as simple as rpm too low...

shiokS60;450225 said:

!

No need to wait until next week. Just drive in tomorrow. With or without appointment, dun care.

tuning to 750 will smoothen the engine out but it may not be 750. it could just be 650 or 6XX whatever. But most of all, they need to know that this mitigates the vibration but it's weird that this happens.

vegadonovan;450306 said:
tuning to 750 will smoothen the engine out but it may not be 750. it could just be 650 or 6XX whatever. But most of all, they need to know that this mitigates the vibration but it's weird that this happens.

True. I just asked PML to tune it up and didn't specify how much, but it ended up at 750.

I don't know if this is the default engine idling RPM for the LCI E60s. Mine dropped back to 600 rpm when PML replaced my gearshift (common complaint about the reverse gear not being selected when you push down) and reset my software. I had to ask them to tune it back up.

A friend who has a 523 LCI also had engine idling at 600 rpm, so I gave him the same suggestion.

maybe its because LCI is more powerful =P just think of it as a more powerful engine with 17 more HP compared to Pre lCI.

sjlim;450308 said:
I don't know if this is the default engine idling RPM for the LCI E60s. Mine dropped back to 600 rpm when PML replaced my gearshift (common complaint about the reverse gear not being selected when you push down) and reset my software. I had to ask them to tune it back up.

When in "P" to engage reverse do you just have to push up once? Mine does not, pushing up or down from "P" is will go into drive. Another problem from my brand new car? Now this is annoying... ... :biggun:

vegadonovan;450311 said:
maybe its because LCI is more powerful =P just think of it as a more powerful engine with 17 more HP compared to Pre lCI.

Hey, how can you say that ... if so, then 530 will be shaking and we will see 545 or 550 bouncing on the road .... hehe

By the way, my 523 have slight vibration while at idling occassionally and at times it may even judder a bit even after i asked PML to adjust the idling rpm up.

Do you guys notice that after the idling rpm adjustment, our engine rev tend to fluctuate when stationary with steering turned more than half in both direction - like waiting to make a u turn.

shiokS60;450502 said:
When in "P" to engage reverse do you just have to push up once? Mine does not, pushing up or down from "P" is will go into drive. Another problem from my brand new car? Now this is annoying... ... :biggun:

Yes, I only need to push up once to engage reverse. But my gearshift has been changed.

Go complain to PML, as it's quite a common problem with the electronic gearshift that the gears don't always engage at the first try. They'll change the gearshift for you. But even that doesn't completely eliminate the problem, it just reduces it so that it doesn't happen as often as before.

Engine vibration more prone to E90, E92, E60 and all current models using the Valvetronic N46, N52, N54 etc. engine blocks.

This wasn't the case for the previous non-Valvetronic M43 and M50 / M54 engine range.

sjlim;450563 said:
Yes, I only need to push up once to engage reverse. But my gearshift has been changed.

Go complain to PML, as it's quite a common problem with the electronic gearshift that the gears don't always engage at the first try. They'll change the gearshift for you. But even that doesn't completely eliminate the problem, it just reduces it so that it doesn't happen as often as before.

Will bring to PML on Monday, hope they can rectify...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back