E64 - water leak and MP3

vincoom

E64 Aug 2004 registered, 40k km on the clock.

Have any other E64 owners had the following problems?

a. Boot drainage holes blocked and water collecting in the battery well below the boot floor. This has happened to me twice. The worst thing is that the boot itself remains completely dry so you have no way of knowing there is a problem unless you lift up the boot floor and take a look at the battery well. The first time, there was about 1 to 2 litres of water in there. I drained it by using a cloth to soak up the water and squeezing it out on the road. The second time, I was not so lucky. The first sign I had that anything was wrong was my radio failing to work. When I took it to the workshop, they said that water had collected in the battery well and had shorted out a lot of the electrics. This ended up costing me almost $2,000 to repair. This is clearly a design flaw on three levels: (a) the drainage holes should not get blocked so easily; (b) the battery and the electronics should be protected from water ingress; and (c) there should be some way of knowing by looking in the boot that there is water in the battery well.

b. My single-slot in dash CD player plays MP3s. It has had no problems reading and playing CD-RW and CD-R discs with MP3s burned on them for 3 years now. But it has suddenly stopped being able to read CD-RWs. It continues to read CD-Rs fine.

Cheers,
vincoom

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuesankhau

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups