E65/66 Door 'bouncing' back after trying to close

sw25

Hi bros,

Wondering if anyone has experience in the door 'bouncing' back when trying to slam the door shut.

My friend's car doors 'slam' nicely. But mine 'bounces' back every 1 or 2 out of 10 times i slam the door. The door literally opens again!

When I say slam, i don't mean really slam, but close the door firmly.

Any help?

Cheers.

Re: E65/66 Door 'bouncing' back after trying to close

Hi,

Happened to my E66. What I did was to spray WD40 into the door mechanism. So far so good.

Regards.

Could be the hydralic? I got all 4 of mine replaced.

Rancho;822026 said:
Hi,

Happened to my E66. What I did was to spray WD40 into the door mechanism. So far so good.

Regards.

As in spray into the door 'lock' area? tried lei. Doesnt seem to work. How about spraying into the 'arms' Do you think it will work?

BillyKueek;823724 said:
Could be the hydralic? I got all 4 of mine replaced.

after that ok? how much to change?

I used to have this problem with my doors but after i changed all 4 doors hydraulics, the problem no longer exists and after a while, i get so used to the soft close, i don't even use much strength in closing the door, i just simply push the door to a close and the suction will complete the closure.

jerrynck;826082 said:
I used to have this problem with my doors but after i changed all 4 doors hydraulics, the problem no longer exists and after a while, i get so used to the soft close, i don't even use much strength in closing the door, i just simply push the door to a close and the suction will complete the closure.

Are you referring to the hydraulics in the door stopper?

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/7-series-owners/65186-diy-door-stopper-e65-e66.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back