E70 X5

Shadowlord

Just bought a used X5, I have a few questions as I am still trying to get familiar with the car;

1. Parking, do i put to Neutral or Drive before pressing the "P" button? does it make an differences?
2. During reversing, i heard the parking sensor to guide my distance. When i am done and i am in "P" mode, why do i still heard the "beeping"?

I used to drive an xc90 and the drive is pretty straight forward for parking and parking will kill the rear sensor beeping.

Thanks.

Re: E70 X5

Isn't there a button to turn on/off the reverse sensor ?

Shadowlord;1101359 said:
Just bought a used X5, I have a few questions as I am still trying to get familiar with the car;

1. Parking, do i put to Neutral or Drive before pressing the "P" button? does it make an differences?
2. During reversing, i heard the parking sensor to guide my distance. When i am done and i am in "P" mode, why do i still heard the "beeping"?

I used to drive an xc90 and the drive is pretty straight forward for parking and parking will kill the rear sensor beeping.

Thanks.

Shadowlord;1101359 said:

Thanks.

Hi shadowlord,

I just press P from drive - no issues with that. And I went to check the bit about the reverse sensors - mine don't beep when in P. But just because they do, don't mean they are spoilt. Then again, maybe the E-series had different software compared to the F-series?

Enjoy your new X5! It's a great car to drive!

Thanks, yes the "off" button is there but i doubt it is for this purpose. :roll:

Red_Bean_Bun;1101378 said:
Isn't there a button to turn on/off the reverse sensor ?

Thanks, will have it check at PML. So what you are saying is that regardless of what gear you are on, it is alright to press the "P" to park. Thanks, i am still trying to fiddle with the rest of the stuff.

wobbles;1101390 said:
Hi shadowlord,

I just press P from drive - no issues with that. And I went to check the bit about the reverse sensors - mine don't beep when in P. But just because they do, don't mean they are spoilt. Then again, maybe the E-series had different software compared to the F-series?

Enjoy your new X5! It's a great car to drive!

anyone know if the side mirror of the '08 x5 can close when i lock and open up when i unlock the car? I have seen the manual button but would like to ask.

Another thing is the motor sound of the folding mirror, mine is kind of loud ... i know it is subjective. Just like to hear from e70x5 owners.

kam sia

Shadowlord;1101606 said:
Thanks, will have it check at PML. So what you are saying is that regardless of what gear you are on, it is alright to press the "P" to park. Thanks, i am still trying to fiddle with the rest of the stuff.

Yup, I press "P" from "D" without shifting it into neutral, but *OF COURSE* the car is already at a stationary stop, my foot is firmly on the brake pedal. I'd be daft to engage "P" when the car is doing 50km/h hehehehe.

Hope you're having as much fun as me with the X5. Whatever the series (E or F), the X5 is one flipping fantastic car to drive!

Shadowlord;1101607 said:
anyone know if the side mirror of the '08 x5 can close when i lock and open up when i unlock the car? I have seen the manual button but would like to ask.

Another thing is the motor sound of the folding mirror, mine is kind of loud ... i know it is subjective. Just like to hear from e70x5 owners.

kam sia

With regards to the folding mirror (fold on locking, open on unlocking), you might wanna check with Codewerx (one of our site sponsors) - if it can be coded, he can code it!

Motor sound of the folding mirror is variable. On my F02, it's a medium pitch whine, on my F13, it's a low pitched groan, right now, on my F15, it's near silent (maybe because it's only 3 days old, haha). On my (since sold F30), it was also near silent. Heng suay one. As long as it folds, doesn't jam, doesn't lock up in weird positions, I am already happy. Whatever you do, don't WD40 it - apparently, the guys @ PML say the internal lubrication is some kind of dry lubricant, and WD40 will cock it up badly.

E70 X5

Hi, notice there are quite a few sponsored specialized workshops. Any good recommendation for E70 servicing and repair? Can PM me? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

i have the option S217A, "active steering" ... what in specific is this, power steering?... i find the steering heavy compared to my xc90 and m3

Shadowlord;1101985 said:
i have the option S217A, "active steering" ... what in specific is this, power steering?... i find the steering heavy compared to my xc90 and m3

Interesting - my X5 (F15 though) has the lightest steering amongst my cars. The F13 is obviously the friggen heaviest, and the F02 (with active steering) is a very close fight with the X5. Active steering is apparently 4-wheel steering. The rear wheels turn in the opposite direction of the front wheels if you're below a certain speed (IIRC, it's 15km/h) to help increase maneuverability eg. in carpark spaces. The rear wheels will turn in the SAME direction of the front wheels if you're above a certain speed (eg. on the NSHW) to help increase stability when changing lanes.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unshortennet1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back