E90 320i engine stalling & cutting out on deceleration

Hi there guys,

My 1st post. I've been lurking around. Own a Le Mans Blue 330i sport E46 & a Le Mans Blue 320i sport E90. Will post pics if someone can show me how.

Live in Adelaide, Australia. Am Malaysian Chinese.

Now, has any one experienced their new E90 320 stalling & cutting out on deceleration ?

Had to get a tow truck to transport the car to the local dealership. They seemed to have fixed the problem. They said that it was a computer problem which shut the engine down !!!! How crazy and dangerous is that?

Re: E90 320i engine stalling & cutting out on deceleration

i once had this experience while coming down a hill. distance was about 300m and i was like just letting the car roll down without stepping on the brakes or accelerator. to my surprise, at the foot when i was about to turn the steering, it was stiff and then i realise, the engine stalled! shifted gear to N and press start again to fire it up. am still monitoring to see if it will return again.

DME s/w may need tp be updated. Certain BMW date of manufacturing have an issue, it should probably be fixed by a s/w update. go back to your service dealer, under warranty it will be free.

cheers
-rohit

tks rohit. pardon the ignorance but what does 'DME' stands for?

Its the engine management s/w :) the most current one that I know of is v26.10

tks. will find time to head down and get it updated.

btw how do you check which version you are on?

u mean there is a way for us to check? i wld think this has to be verified only at PML, probably not even at BVO or J4C?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
empireriddeinc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back