E90 320iA 17" or 18"?

nYteMarE

Legendary 10 Years
Just curious, what would be the ideal size to upgrade to.. and any recommendations for rubbers, the current RFs are squealing like pigs already....

I've been looking at 18" but I'm worried about the consumption going up a lot... and I've heard the price jump from 17 to 18 is quite significant...

Re: E90 320iA 17" or 18"?

I would definately go for 18", it look much nice...as for the comsumption, it sure will go up la but for the looks...is worth it la....What rims u looking at? The price jump actually depends on what brand u gettin and the tires...it play a big part.

going to sound very noob, but i'm not too sure abt the availability of wheels in the market, something that looks like the one on the hamann kit...

not too particular abt the brand of the wheels, it's more of the design i like, i saw one at stamford that was quite my taste..

as for rubbers, the st115, conti sportcontact, yoko advan neova...

would appreciate some recommendations from more experienced members...

nYteMarE said:
Just curious, what would be the ideal size to upgrade to.. and any recommendations for rubbers, the current RFs are squealing like pigs already....

I've been looking at 18" but I'm worried about the consumption going up a lot... and I've heard the price jump from 17 to 18 is quite significant...

What kinda tyres u want?... performance or comfort?..

For performance i can recc u

Pilot Sport 2

Yokohama AD-07

Bridgestone S-03

Note that the 3 brands above are not quiet at all, not soo noisy but all high performance street tyres.

For rims, changing bigger of course consumption goes up but not alot. Take ur time and research abit, u can find nice 18" weighing at only 8kg per pce!... that's pretty darn light, also they look a whole much better after that!. Few places u can actually pop by to look at rims wld be , Ray-S , Leong Seng and South East Tyres. These are the ones more forummers frequent. Good luck dude.. do let us noe how the outcome is.

Shaaz.

if u put a 17'' one, then there isn't much difference(interm of look) compare to da stock one..
just choose silence tires over performance one.. yokohama has one.. 550? not bad..

ps dis is my 2cents comment... i am a newbie too..

Go for 18. 17 not much change from your existing one...
As for fuel consumption increase, we are really talking about very very little, hardly noticeable i guess...

agree, go for 18 with michelin ps2...
dam good tyres...

haha. if u wanna go for bling bling and high FC, get 18 inch..

personally, id rather go for lowering springs to reduce gap, then get heavier wheels..

Hi, me hving the same ride as u & had lowered & changed to 18" rims...it looks more proportion cos the E90's body curves & streamline make it looks broader .

U might wanna visit the PML showrm to see the effects on both sizes... gd luck!

thanks for all the replies.. settled for ACS Type IV replicas and goodyear eagle f1s... 18 inch...

was at leong seng... very pleased with the service...

shall see after a month or so how the consumption is like..

Hi friend, can u take a pic of ur new install rims and tyre? I want to see how big is the gap. Because thinking of changing to 18' rims and want the car to look lowered without touching the springs and shock. Sorry to trouble u. Thanks in advance

I spoke to a friend who's had his 18" on his E90. He was telling me that his wife was complaining that the ride is bumpy. Do you feel it? By the way, anyone know where to find Breyton replicas..er..Spirit look alike? ya, keen to see on ride dude!

I'm on 18" and stock suspension. Don't really feel bumpy but its better than on 16" run flat.

hi friend, do ur car look lowered anot with ur current 18'rims? thanks

Hi,

Very nice rims indeed! I am running the M68 17inch on my 318 Ci. Tempted to change to 18inch. May I know how much u paid for your rims and tires. Any impact on your car performance (power), and comfort? Thanks!

Actually i'm on 18" Rims / Lowered Eibach Springs with GoodYear Revspec tyres 225/40/18.
My ride is a E46 318i. I feel the ride is quite stiff & ride comfort greatly compromised.
Occasionally on full load on bumby roads the tyres tends to brush against the fenders.

Will be reverting back to 16" Rims perhaps with at least 45 or 50 tyres.
Hope to get back some ride comfort after this change.
Hope the lowered springs combi with the new setup would turn out well.

:confused:

hi,

I am interested to upgrade mine as well. Was deciding between 18" or 19"? any recommedation? Are those places recommeded selling original rims? mind to give me the address or contacts?

Thanks a million

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back