e90 325i Supercharged

Jordan86

I need some advice on supercharging my 325.
the thing i worry is that my car is auto / tiptronic transmission so its pretty useless

current bhp is 218 hope to reach 330 with exhaust and supercharger

do u guys think 325i has alot of potential ? dont want later mod already then feel that the car cant go very far....

please do not hesistate to post ur comments.

Re: e90 325i Supercharged

By SC and Exhaust, there's no doubt that you will be able to get your desired 330bhp... it's just a matter of setting the boost-levels. A good example would be one Tuner that's currently offering a Turbo Kit for the Mini Cooper S, which claims power of up to 400bhp! and this from a 1.6L 4-pot block... How? By 'simply' slapping on a Turbo-Charger on top of the existing Supercharger...

And whether or not you should or should not do it, is about as debateable as "which came first? the chicken or the egg?"... ie. you may wind up with half of however many you ask, saying 'yes', whilst the other half will say, 'no'...

Personally, I'd strongly recommend against boosting at such high levels, simply because our local (South East Asia, for that matter) climate just isn't right for the amount of heat that is generated and then you'll wind up spending something like (figures may not be accurate) $2 for every $1 you spent on making your engine more powerful, for cooling your engine down so that it doesn't blow up on you... even more so, if you intend to drive your car hard and for long distances...

The above, is of course on top of the legal risks that you will be subjecting yourself to... cos a SC isn't something that you can 'hide' and in fact, it kinda glares at you once your bonnet's open...

but if you must, than I would suggest SC boost levels at about 0.4bar... which if I'm not mistaken, should be good for about a 60bhp bump...

Cheers and good luck...

Do you have a supercharger kit in mind?

A 2.5L engine can make 300+bhp easy without engine work, provided you have the right equipment. The only problem is that your auto box last a couple of months then break.

At the moment, there are no SC kit for N52 engines.

So, you'll have to sit tight & wait for maybe 2 years later.............

'The Great White'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangnhapfun88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back