• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

E90 New or Old ? The same question surfaces again

Bros,

Could you pls gimme some advice as to whether to get a less than 2 yr old E90 or get a new one directly from PML... Got quoted the other day from PML that there's a 10k cash rebate for the list price E90 professional at 139.8k... So that means the car will be 129.8k.. Plus 1 yr rd tax and a few more other things. Is this a good deal ?? Does anyone here currently have a better deal than this ??

Second hand :

Feb 2006 320IA - Asking $101,800 details are below.
BMW 320IA Details - sgCarMart
Anyone has info on this ride ??

Sep 2005 320IA - Asking $95,800 details are below.
BMW 320IA Details - sgCarMart
Anyone has info on this ride ??

There are also 2 other Jun 2005 320IA for sale.
Does anyone know the previous owners?

Any insight on this dilemma i have now will be much appreciated.

:confused:

Re: E90 New or Old ? The same question surfaces again

the depreciation looks sufficient. Consider the COE also. But ... it looks good to get the pre-owned.

My very brief 2 cents on this..

For new car:
1) Take nett price, deduct all real discounts (1yr road tax, SE discounts, accessories) to get the absolute price of the car.
2) Find out the residual value after 10 years based on indicative OMV and COE.
3) Calculate the annual depreciation (e.g. ~12K for 320i)

For old car:
1) Find out the OMV to obtain the 10yr residual value.
2) Add transfer fee to the asking price of the car (~$2K)
3) Get the annual depreciation based on the number of years left

If the annual depreciation for the used car is too close to the new car, it may be better to go for the new car or ask for a lower selling price on the used unit.

The exceptions:
1) Used car mileage is reasonably low, e.g.

Bros,

Thanks for the inputs... PML now offering 2.5% loans and the pre-owned are going at 2.8%.. Minimal difference... Based on the calculations.. the pre-owned does look better..

But are there any things that i must look out for cars which are already into their 2 nd yr and running about 30k to 60k on the clock ??? Are there any components which might fail ??

Anyway wats the mileage on a full tank of gas huh??

Thanks
Newbie...

delirium217;268202 said:
But are there any things that i must look out for cars which are already into their 2 nd yr and running about 30k to 60k on the clock ??? Are there any components which might fail ??
Car dealers' "average mileage" for BMWs is in the region of 20,000km/annum.
Parts failure - tricky issue. It's part and parcel of ownership and also a huge matter of luck. If feasible, always test drive - even better, get it checked by a qualified mechanic.
delirium217;268202 said:
Full tank is 63 litres, the low fuel light comes on at 55 litres. 55 litres should get you 420-500km comfortably. Breaking 500km is highly possible on NS runs up north.The range is huge because of various driving patterns. The 2.0 valvetronic is quite fuel efficient.

whoa.. that's about 9km/litre... Can installed Orbit or Unichip to help starve on the fuel and improve power ?? I think that work well right ?? It worked like a dream on my DC5 last time..

main problem for E90 is possibly:

1) Oil lube sensor inaccuracy
2) wet Air Mass Sensor failure

1) is [i have never read it fixed] once you have inaccuracy without big sensor changes, and

2) is easily fixable under S$1K.

delirium217;268202 said:
Bros,

Thanks for the inputs... PML now offering 2.5% loans and the pre-owned are going at 2.8%.. Minimal difference... Based on the calculations.. the pre-owned does look better..

Thanks
Newbie...

Bro, also please note that the new 320i comes with Bi-Xenon Headlights which cost about $6k to install.....However, it does not have auto folding mirrors which will cost about $1350 to install. :)

Bro, also please note that the new 320i comes with Bi-Xenon Headlights which cost about $6k to install.....However, it does not have auto folding mirrors which will cost about $1350 to install. :)

i bought the first batch of E90, paid a ridulous high price for it yet do not have the above 2 options !

looks like u're getting a pretty good deal now for a new E90 at $129k

Sorry bros ... my looking too.

Is the 10K cash rebate only given if we take 100% loan? How does it work.

Do PIs give cash rebates?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajabaji1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back