E90 temperature gauge

ninja07

Hi folks

On my E46 I am used to looking at the temp gauge on the instrument cluster when I drive off in the mornings, would keep the revs to 2k rpm max till the temp approaches the halfway mark (usually within 5-10 mins of driving) before increasing rpm. Kept to this habit for some time now after I read from somewhere that it is better for the engine in the long run.

Also once my E46 temp suddenly shot up to higher that 3/4 mark, saw it and immediately brought to workshop to check.

Now with the E90, there is no temp gauge - so how do you guys monitor the temp? Am sure somewhere from the obc I could check, but cant recall now....

Any advise appreciated - thanks!

Re: E90 temperature gauge

Hi bros.. bump for this thread.. i'm also interested in knowing how to monitor the temperature.. went back to PML twice to rectify a vibration on the steering wheel. first time they didn't find the fault. 2nd time said that my radiator pipe is choked and needs to be replaced. so i'm quite worried as i'm feeling the vibration again.. can anybody help? Thanks!!

Re: E90 temperature gauge

ninja07;412528 said:
Hi folks

On my E46 I am used to looking at the temp gauge on the instrument cluster when I drive off in the mornings, would keep the revs to 2k rpm max till the temp approaches the halfway mark (usually within 5-10 mins of driving) before increasing rpm. Kept to this habit for some time now after I read from somewhere that it is better for the engine in the long run.

Also once my E46 temp suddenly shot up to higher that 3/4 mark, saw it and immediately brought to workshop to check.

Now with the E90, there is no temp gauge - so how do you guys monitor the temp? Am sure somewhere from the obc I could check, but cant recall now....

Any advise appreciated - thanks!

If you have not found how to check temp from OBC, try this:
E90 Menu Unlock - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabetid
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back