E91: Shifter locked + fault codes

Disc

I've got a problem with my car. It is a E91 pre-lci with a 325i auto tranny.

I'm getting the following fault codes:
egs/smg: 4E86 egs: electro valve 3 (interlock)
egs/smg: 4E87 egs: electro valve 4 (shiftlock)
cas: A0B6 gear shift lever locked

I can't move the shifter even with the brake pedal depressed.
I've tested the microswitch which is on the rights of the shifter in another car and it works perfectly.

Re: E91: Shifter locked + fault codes

Tested another steptronic unit and still no go.
Anybody point me in the right direction?

Hi Disc,

I know this was a long time ago, but I'm having the same codes on my 323i E90. Did you find out what the problem was? Would be a great help :)
Cheers

Hi Disc,

I know this was a long time ago, but I'm having the same codes on my 323i E90. Did you find out what the problem was? Would be a great help :)
Cheers
Hi Any luck with this, I have exactly the same problem with my E90 330i, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Any luck with this, I have exactly the same problem with my E90 330i, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey, in my case it was the transmission control module. It is placed under the car in the mechatronics. After replacing it, magically all the problems were solved.

Thanks, I thought it would be that, did you need to have it coded to the car or was it just a straight forward purchase?

No coding was needed, it worked straight away, even though the replacement unit came from a 320i. It's possible that the software is slightly different but I didn't notice any changes in shifting

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegas79download

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back