E92 - First In Singapore...

Azrielsc

Core Group Members
To have my passenger retractable seatbelt arm BROKEN... Sianz...

1 day, just out of the blue, when my wife got in, the seatbelt arm passed the belt to her and promptly broke. It couldn't retract back fully and is now sticking out of the holder by an inch.

Went down to PML and my CSA said that they have to remove the mechanism and check and THEN they will order either the repair kit or the whole mechanism. Yeah, I know, there is a repair kit for this BUT PML doesn't stock it. Yippee. :(

Going down to PML to check the mechanism tomorrow.

Haiz!

Re: E92 - First In Singapore...

The day when you told me about the seatbelt retractor, I went to watch AVP2, and the alien's killer punch from its mouth resembles the retracter...... NNB OT liao.......

haiz...good luck man! never heard of such problems

Apparently, its quite common in USA, so the dudes over there pull a fuse to disable that function!

First time in my life heard such thing happened. ai tio 4D liao. Sam, remmeber go and buy 4D - 9192. Our ex E46 number also 9192 (year 1999 - scraped liao)

Hahaha Steven! If i tio 1st prize and have to share with someone else... I know its YOU! HAHA!

Sam, just watch out, if she can break the seatbelt arm, she can break anything. hahaha

It wasn't da wifey! The retractable arm came up and there was a horrible "crack" and it just froze in that position.

One thing I don't like about PML, for that small thing they will ask you to leave your car for at least one day.:yikess: Service wise I think Merc and Lexus are better and more flexible. :) But what to do, we like the BMW engine's sound, just got to accept it.:evil:

I guess its just SOP that we have to leave the car there for a day to check! Hence u must get to know ur CSA ;)

Actually the seatbelt retractable mechanism looks quite flimsy to me...I am not surprise it broke down..Its a pain to spend time bringing it in to check etc, but should be a small matter la. Hope you get it fixed soon :)

It is plastic and flimsy. I am more afraid of passengers who have not sat in the car before and don't pay attention to when it extends and retracts!

Azrielsc;285937 said:
I guess its just SOP that we have to leave the car there for a day to check!
Azrielsc;285976 said:
It is plastic and flimsy. I am more afraid of passengers who have not sat in the car before and don't pay attention to when it extends and retracts!

it's also SOP to brief all passengers before they board yr ride.

sam...

now then it happened to u? it happened to me many times liao. both left and right side. i saw jamie's car got the prob too when it is still in show room.

1. try to push it back. if it doesnt hold, try again a few days later. it shjould work.
2. when it is fully extended, give it a slight pull.....it might work too,. :0

these are just my experience......might work. my is working fine .

kenn, yeah it does resemble the alien punch. haaaaa
avp2 is a crap movie.....

adsnx;285979 said:
it's also SOP to brief all passengers before they board yr ride.

u mean like pilot?

"This is your captain speaking here.........":lol2:

Okay, just dropped the car off to get inspected and they found out that they have to change the mechanism of the seatbelt retractable thingy. LUCKILY, they have 1 unit in stock so it's being worked on now and I should get back the car in a few hours!

PML doesn't have anymore stock of the replacement parts and needs either 2-3 working days if the Malaysia warehouse has it, or 2wks if they have to get it from the factory!

HENG ARH! Car's getting back to being perfect soon! WOOT!

Azrielsc;286254 said:
Okay, just dropped the car off to get inspected and they found out that they have to change the mechanism of the seatbelt retractable thingy. LUCKILY, they have 1 unit in stock so it's being worked on now and I should get back the car in a few hours!

PML doesn't have anymore stock of the replacement parts and needs either 2-3 working days if the Malaysia warehouse has it, or 2wks if they have to get it from the factory!

HENG ARH! Car's getting back to being perfect soon! WOOT!

juz remeber to be gentle & soft :lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back