E92 FIrst Servicing at PML

jvhuiz

hi guys,

my 'first' service is coming and when i made an appointment with pml,
was told that they were going to do some 'upgrade software' for the car.
it's gonna take 5hours for it.

anyone knows what this upgrade software is all about?
and it seems that only pml at alexandra could do it.

mine's a E92 325i got it this year in march.

curious,
raymond

Re: E92 FIrst Servicing at PML

Progman software? Ask them if it is V30.....

kenntona;396208 said:
Progman software? Ask them if it is V30.....

Bro doenst matter. Its not 335i. If 335, owner shud not do it. LAG LAG LAG.

out of curiosity,

the e92 335i 'software upgrade' changes the performance of the car?

and it doesn't effect the 325i?

No it doesn't. Because the software upgrade was meant to fix some problems with the 335i's turbo.

hi guys,
just came back from pml alexandra. it's software update 0988.
it is meant to correct the service interval from 25k to 12k.
BMW seems to have realised that the consequent 25k service interval is too long.update takes approximately 5hours depending on vehicle.

well it just seems to me that this is a mis-information from BMW, as it advertised a 25k service interval for a 'dependable car'. a shorter service interval means more $$$ for them and bad for the owners!!! (but it''s quite unlkely that most of us would actually wait that long to do servicing!!)

anyways, was also informed by service agent that the 325i n54 oil sump capacity is only 6.5L. some guys in the in the forumn says it's 7L? so who's right?

also they scope the engine for the first service!

raymond

hi guys here's an update,

the 1st service took the entire day! brought in the car at 8am and got it back at 6pm.
anyways can't tell what they did, but the torco SR-5 and MPZ SWEET!!!
idle smoother and quieter. seems to sound softer within the cabin.

the E92 325i takes in 6.5litres of oil like azrielsc said.

ps washer additive also included in the service about $6. (this i didn't know or was informed)

pml is very talented when it comes to billing. did my service ytd and the day before, my washer fluid was almost gone, so i topped up by myself to the brim and never used the washer between then and servicing. then when i got my bill ytd after servicing, they said "we also helped u topped up ur washer fluid with 500ml of washer additive". then i was like 'how to top up when the fluid alreadi at the brim???' usually, ill just tell them "dun wash car, dun touch air filter, dun top up washer fluid. just do oil change, i brought my own torco oil. and with luck, i get the car back within 2hrs.

but on the other hand, their labour charges still considered reasonable if u were to compare it to merc. and seems like they've improved the service quality at alexandra, at least everyone smiles at you and after service, they explain everything they did to your car, and not just tell u to get ur car and go.

I always instruct the CSA to just change engine oil and filter and NOT to wash & vacuum the car, top up any other fluids or do any checks and I would be waiting at the lounge for them.

I WILL get my car back within 2hrs. :)

(PS: My car too low to get into the washing bay, anyways! :))

yea. i used to go Arang to pass the car to a very nice CSA there. then walked to the shop behind pml for wanton mee. after wanton mee, walked back, and the car is done. when my rear bulb blew, he changed the bulbs for me free. but he got promoted to some other department and i got this vasa guy who keeps going "each bulb is $11 u noe? they dun come cheap. no nid to bother about the OBC warning, can drive until they blow. I can change the bulb housing if u insist, but got to charge u separately...and this costs $^#$%^ and this costs ^#%$^#.."
listen until very pissed, told him i busy and left..

efficiency depends very much on CSA also. but for 8am-6pm servicing, probably too long to justify. and i tink got many pple also dunwan pml to wash/scratch their cars. curz apparently they have laminated A4 paper that says "NO CAR WASH" to put on ur dashboard

Bulb housing can be changed under warranty!!!! Don't pay for it! There is a TSB out for it for warranty claim on it!

yea tts wot i tot too. because the previous guy always apologise about the blown bulbs and made it clear that its a common problem.. the vasa guy tries to charge me at every opportunity. so i just left him sitting there, ready to bullshit the next customer.

sent my car to Kampong Arang PML for servicing today... the technical advisor is very snobbish and rude. Not providing an adequate service and not giving me any detailed information. Even the butcher from my neighbourhood's market provides a better service!

Has it occur to any of the bros here before? Or is it just me?

You are too kind to them and they simply take advantage on you. For me I will tell them what they should do and don't give me any excuse! So far so good till now. I have no time to play with them.

lol! Anyway, the first 12,000 service is only oil change right? No engine flushing?

I did my first service at 7500km (one year), changed the engine oil and brake fluid. Don't need to flush the engine. They took one hour to do the job.

jvhuiz;396635 said:
....it's software update 0988.
it is meant to correct the service interval from 25k to 12k.
BMW seems to have realised that the consequent 25k service interval is too long....

Wth.... Luckily I never trusted the 25k service interval and have always sent the car in at 10k-15k intervals....

n@u9ht;397165 said:
yea tts wot i tot too. because the previous guy always apologise about the blown bulbs and made it clear that its a common problem.. the vasa guy tries to charge me at every opportunity. so i just left him sitting there, ready to bullshit the next customer.

do you mean Vasaloo? If yes, he's no longer at KA location. Now at alexandra.

Are there no decent CSAs left? My regular one got promoted also. Dunno who to look for now.

here's another update since the service,

just returned from a trip and found that the turn blinker now blinks only once!! it should've blinked 3 times.....

not sure what else the software update 'changed' the car's original programming. seems like they brought it back to last year's program!!!!
got to drive it down tomolo to 'complain'.

anyone can confirm if the headlights switch is at '0', should the angel lights come on? mine does now. never really noticed it before?????

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back