Effects on FC of Powerbox (e60)

Elixir

Hi,

I'm thinking of installing Powerbox on my 2006 E60 525i. Heard many good things about it, but so far nothing on fuel consumption.

Would like to check with members who have installed for real life experience, if there are any positive effects on FC? I'm assuming the same driving patterns before and after the installation of the Powerbox. Thanks so much!

Re: Effects on FC of Powerbox (e60)

Hi Elixir,

Just to share. I have just installed a Power Box yesterday n in terms of power, u'll definitely feel it right away after all has been set. I asked the vendor about FC n he say its should improve as the power box is just a preset program telling the car how much oxygen and fuel mix needed at a particular pressure of the accelerator.

So if u are a light footer, it definitely consume less fuel n if u are on for power n start flooring the accelerator definitely the consumption will be higher. It makes sense doesn't it?

But am just sharing as i need to assess the power box in these weeks to come before knowing the FC efficiency.

Hope this helps

cheers

Bim5mer;657747 said:
Hi Elixir,

Just to share. I have just installed a Power Box yesterday n in terms of power, u'll definitely feel it right away after all has been set. I asked the vendor about FC n he say its should improve as the power box is just a preset program telling the car how much oxygen and fuel mix needed at a particular pressure of the accelerator.

So if u are a light footer, it definitely consume less fuel n if u are on for power n start flooring the accelerator definitely the consumption will be higher. It makes sense doesn't it?

But am just sharing as i need to assess the power box in these weeks to come before knowing the FC efficiency.

Hope this helps

cheers

Hi Bim5,

steady, PBox installed............
FC for mine same........but some time too shiok so wack more and FC goes up................

cheers

The immediate 'power' you feel is not the real benefit of PB but the throttle booster which makes acceleration faster. Sprint booster and Velocity does the same thing. The real benefit is when you reschedule higher speeds. FC sure increase coz you will rev more and speed more due to increased torque n bhp

Bim5mer;657747 said:
Hi Elixir,

Hope this helps

cheers

Thanks so much! Would appreciate your assessment two weeks after installation. I am just fearful if my car becomes a guzzler after that. As long as FC maintains, I'll be happy liao.

MW;657757 said:
The immediate 'power' you feel is not the real benefit of PB but the throttle booster which makes acceleration faster. Sprint booster and Velocity does the same thing. The real benefit is when you reschedule higher speeds. FC sure increase coz you will rev more and speed more due to increased torque n bhp

Bro,

What do u mean by "reschedule" higher speeds? Thanks

Have any bros with 525i installed the pbox? Is there any point of installing the pbox on 525i,since BMW would have maxed out the 2.5l engine, unlike the 523is, which have detuned engines.

Effects of pbox on 523i is more pronounced than on 525i, I believe? Thanks

Elixir;657775 said:
Have any bros with 525i installed the pbox? Is there any point of installing the pbox on 525i,since BMW would have maxed out the 2.5l engine, unlike the 523is, which have detuned engines.

Effects of pbox on 523i is more pronounced than on 525i, I believe? Thanks

Hi Elixir,

this is the best money for value mods..............for N52 (good stuff).......
this is just a device to push the car to much better response so it works on the 525i too no doubt like what you had mention BMW maxed out the 2.5L but we never know what else could be done to max max it all out again......................enjoy.....

*calling MarcusRichard.......(525i with PBox) / Kris 325 (E92)
cheers

Horsepower up = FC up. This is science, nothing can change this fact.

Think of the powerbox as a rectification of manufacturer deficiency rather than mod. Your car SHOULD be performing at a better horsepower/torque comparing to now.

Sorry to ask a stupid question.. once PB is installed.. if later upgraded some hardware like exos, header, etc. The PB can read by itself?? Or need to do some "retuning"

Elixir;657768 said:
Bro,

What do u mean by "reschedule" higher speeds? Thanks

Damned you autocorrect!! It's supposed to be rev :chinese:

Jarren;657819 said:
Sorry to ask a stupid question.. once PB is installed.. if later upgraded some hardware like exos, header, etc. The PB can read by itself?? Or need to do some "retuning"

for this you have to call BOSS Motorsports and ask best...............6459 0038

cheers

Performance gains, as per many reviews is a given. So assuming SAME driving patterns, FC will not suffer? Hopefully any bros with 525i and pbox installed can advise. Thanks

Elixir;657933 said:
Performance gains, as per many reviews is a given. So assuming SAME driving patterns, FC will not suffer? Hopefully any bros with 525i and pbox installed can advise. Thanks

anyway, don't think the FC will suffer of even if better also wont better till where i supposed.......

just drive at 2k to 3k rpm should be save then.......

cheers

Elixir;657933 said:

If same driving pattern, no.
Confirm.
Kanasai, TS ask this question many times, never get a concrete answer. U all hor... tsk tsk tsk

Just installed pbox yesterday. Now I understand why bros say it is hard not to rev!

Yesterday, the car is abit "jerky"immediately after installation. After awhile, the delivery of power becomes smoother and more linear. And the car is raring to go! It feels like a different car. And heard that the ecru is adapting, and that it is going to get even better.

So far I'm on map 2. Good enuff for me so far. Wanna ask bros here which maps has the best balance of power , economy, smoothness and linearness?

Your inputs are much appreciated!

Elixir;660004 said:
Just installed pbox yesterday. Now I understand why bros say it is hard not to rev!

Yesterday, the car is abit "jerky"immediately after installation. After awhile, the delivery of power becomes smoother and more linear. And the car is raring to go! It feels like a different car. And heard that the ecru is adapting, and that it is going to get even better.

So far I'm on map 2. Good enuff for me so far. Wanna ask bros here which maps has the best balance of power , economy, smoothness and linearness?

Your inputs are much appreciated!

Hi Eli,

I was at Boss yesterday, never see you? I on Map 3 since day 1, no regrets.

Cheers

I am on map 7 all the way. FC jialat but need to get to places on time.. Living on speed I guess... Hahaha

Cheers

Bim5mer;660035 said:
I am on map 7 all the way. FC jialat but need to get to places on time.. Living on speed I guess... Hahaha

Cheers

vroom vroom.......

cheers

ac323;660008 said:
Hi Eli,

I was at Boss yesterday, never see you? I on Map 3 since day 1, no regrets.

Cheers

I was there in the afternoon. Fixing kw coilovers as well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet77blog1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups