eibach springs uneven lowering

sds

had eibach springs without shocks installed to my 523i.

front 2 fingers gap rear right 3 fingers but rear left 4fingers gap.has remained like this after 3 weeks of driving.

installer also stumped as to why.

my window to door frame on the left side now creaks on uneven road surface and more so going up ramps in multi storey car parks

any one knows why the uneven lowering on the left rear?

what will happen to my car if i left it as it is?

can i use stock springs at the rear and use eibach for the front as combination

please advise thanks.

Re: eibach springs uneven lowering

similar problem with my E46.

the front is now visibly lower than the rear. something how H&R CupKit susp would look.

same as mine, front is slightly lower then the rear, but i quite like the look though

The sport springs will normally take a longer time to settle. There will be more creaks as the stiffer springs will not absorb the undulations as well as the stock springs, hence more shocks will be transfered to the chassis. Not advisable to change just the front shocks to Eibach as the set of four is tuned for optimum handling....

yo guys,

i mean the lowering is very different for the left rear and right rear.should they not be identical.its as much as 10mm and hence all the screaks coming form the left.

why is it not the same?

Check also that the spring in question is sitting nicely on the two rubber thingies (top and below).

sds said:
yo guys,

i mean the lowering is very different for the left rear and right rear.should they not be identical.its as much as 10mm and hence all the screaks coming form the left.

why is it not the same?

Hi SDS, from watching so many E36s and E30, all of them have the characteristics of being "sangek", lower on the right and higher on the left. In a left hand drive situation, with the driver seated, the car will then become "square". Hence in the right hand drive situation, with the driver seated == more sangek (tilted).

Don't know much about the newer models, perhaps the next time I come across on on the traffic lights or other stationary car, I'll try and examine more closely.

got a point there, my car also sangek, heavy right hand side.

.i guess the weight of the driver and whether got full tank, plays a part....but in stock springs the left and rear are equal no sangek leh

My stock E46 has the same problem. Brought it back to PML a couple of times for adjustments but they claim that even on stock cars, 10mm is an acceptable diff.

i am not sure about other models...

but for the e46, the rear driver side is always lower than the rear passenger side.

this is due to the setup of the petrol tank and off cause being a Right Hand Drive (RHD) its more visible.

LHD on the other hand will have a better and regular drop....

Another point to note is camber / toe....

Camber and toe alignments may affect the ride height of the vehicle.....

hope it explains.... cheers.

My problem was solved with a set of coilovers.. height adjustable type.

Stok springs werent corner weighted. They are more for asthestics for the masses.

Coilovers allow for corner adjustements and once weighted, FR cars will tend to haf a higher butt, FF cars will be pretty much level....Those FR cars you see wif a dipping front will have its weight all messed up once they trail-brake into corners....unless u they have 15kg/m springs in front.....

If the springs in questions here are levelled when the tank is full and driver is in, den its corner weights pretty well in place. Handling will improve during turn in and on throttle after apex.

Squeaks could be the springs rubbing against itself once seated.
Did the installer put in any form of inserts where the spring sits on the structs perch?

If not some vinly pipe might do the trick.

i have been going around looking at e60 and realised even in stock cars the left rear is higher than right rear...isnt that strange of bmw.

wouldnt this affect handling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88vnus
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back