Emission fault code by-pass kit.

tony5050

guys,

i got my car with the cat-converter removed and the fault code is always there. When send back to BMW for servicing, they can help to clear it but tht will not last longer then 2 days.

right, i've heard that i can get some fault-code by-pass kit in the market. anyone had idea where to get this..thanks a mil bros.:)

Re: Emission fault code by-pass kit.

u talking bout the two big cylindrical pipes in the center?
Did u weld back the sensors onto the new pipes?

I m on UUC Midpipe which basically got rid of the two fat clowns and welded back the sensors, no problem for years!

bro,

yes man..i got both the sensors welded put back indeed..but the light just come on:furious:

something doesnt sound right man....maybe hv ur car jacked up again and checked
if problem persists, hv to look for some bypass device.

you probably get "increase emission warning" it got nothing to do with your sensors...its just that your exhaust emission is reading probably higher CO, Co2 level that triggers the warning light to appear. I've not heard of any kit fault code bypass kit in the market.

no black smoke but my exhaust tips turn yellowish and need regular cleaning hehe...
i hv never dyno'ed the car but i can tell you the top end pull is awesome.
and yes, it gives out bad smell and it's toxic.

the ones in UUC still complies with US emission standard I believe coz they are designed to be rasp-X as well...magic pipes hehe...

if there are pre-cat and post-cat sensors, the workshop may have mixed up their positions as well.

Loius,
got the car checked again. The pre & Post cat sensors are positioned where there's no way for us to mistakenly place them.

Rapture,
i can;t tell as i got the car like that from the 1st owner..and you know what, i've been driving it with that light on for almost a year now..:lol2: ..i only come to concern when the ECU remap fella told me that the emission fault code will make the car runs mich richer then it suppose to be during the high rev, which also means less power..:(
and yes, very smelly espcially during the cold start..but i kind of like it..:yummie:

Gasterus,
hi mate, what you said is true. any suggestion of what might cause a vehicle run so rich that even cause the cat sensors to read the faulty readings..thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back