Engine oil top-up Qn

t3bkmzd

Hi

My ride's a e46 sedan and recently amber engine oil lit up for one short ride, subsequent drives it ceased to lit.

Checked my engine oil level and level is at lower mark thus assume its time to top up. How much should i top up? Bought 1 L of Mobil 15W-40 ... whole bottle pour in?

Quite sure this not the proper forum to pose qn ha. Pardon me

rgds
mel

Re: Engine oil top-up Qn

t3bkmzd;625191 said:
Hi

My ride's a e46 sedan and recently amber engine oil lit up for one short ride, subsequent drives it ceased to lit.

Checked my engine oil level and level is at lower mark thus assume its time to top up. How much should i top up? Bought 1 L of Mobil 15W-40 ... whole bottle pour in?

rgds
mel

it is usually 1L..

my E90 has the same issue (oil check light on) nearer to the servicing date...so i just top up 1 litre as the on board electronics advise...after that no more light and everything back to normal...if u read thru some postings here, it is quite common to top up engine oil in-between servicing time...so relax bro and enjoy your ride

t3bkmzd;625191 said:
Hi

rgds
mel

BMW engines are notorious for consuming engine oil. As long as there are no oil leaks you shld be fine.

How far have u driven b4 u needed to top up 1L of lube?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88wine
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back