Enquires On Tyres

brandonng

Hi All Bros, i am currently with the original 16inchs Run flat tyres. i was thinking of upgrading it to 18inchs.

can any kind bros advised me which tyre to get? i am looking for normal tyre not those performance one.

and how about the rims? i have to get new rims to suit the 18inch tyre right? if so, is it possible to get the BMW logo fix on the new rims?

Re: Enquires On Tyres

brandonng;595990 said:
Hi All Bros, i am currently with the original 16inchs Run flat tyres. i was thinking of upgrading it to 18inchs.

can any kind bros advised me which tyre to get? i am looking for normal tyre not those performance one.

and how about the rims? i have to get new rims to suit the 18inch tyre right? if so, is it possible to get the BMW logo fix on the new rims?

Dude, can visit Leong Seng (ubi ave 1, u can oso find them in the workshop listed here) and look for Daniel. U can go for brightstone RE001 or Toyo TR-1, I find them comfy n work well on wet/dry condition. BMW logo shd fit most rims.

brandonng;595990 said:

Hi Brandon,

you can also try: Ray S Sports Rims at 10 Kaki Bukit Rd 1, #01-41 (Raymond)

can try Yoko S Drive or ADVAN sports or Bridgestone RE001 / S001
if budget allows go for Michellin PS............CSC 5

* or can call Kris as he letting go his swee swee: Style 313 performance rims from BMW.......9191 9993

happy shopping....
cheers

pongster;595993 said:
Dude, can visit Leong Seng (ubi ave 1, u can oso find them in the workshop listed here) and look for Daniel. U can go for brightstone RE001 or Toyo TR-1, I find them comfy n work well on wet/dry condition. BMW logo shd fit most rims.

i just have to choose a rim and they will take out the logo from my current rims and fit it into the new rim is it?

brandonng;595996 said:
i just have to choose a rim and they will take out the logo from my current rims and fit it into the new rim is it?

Hi Brandon,

well, it depends on the rims you have chosen..................some rims cant fit BMW logo

cheers

i see...

one last question..ifi change from 16inches to 18 inches , then my 16inche tyre and rim can use to trade-in?

brandonng;596026 said:
i see...

one last question..ifi change from 16inches to 18 inches , then my 16inche tyre and rim can use to trade-in?

Hi Brandon,

yes, trade that in....

cheers

any idea which shop offer the best trade-in price ? i heard the leong send is gd for trade-in price..not sure thou

brandonng;596032 said:
any idea which shop offer the best trade-in price ? i heard the leong send is gd for trade-in price..not sure thou

Hi Brandon,

price wise very competition as it all depends on what rims & tyres you've chosen as different tyre shop will push for certain brand of tyres and rims ( like the one that they make the most $ they will push: for some tyre shop ).

can try to drive there and check with them on the spot before you really decide...of course good service is a must as i am sure you will want to go back there again in future..............

give Hurry, LS and Ray S a try....

update us and post your new shoes soon ya..

cheers

thanks..i will give the 3 shop a visit on monday..need a upgrade badly...LOL!...

my tyres has serve me long enough...42k already...from i buy tillnow..LOL!...i guess is time to change..

brandonng;596036 said:
thanks..i will give the 3 shop a visit on monday..need a upgrade badly...LOL!...

my tyres has serve me long enough...42k already...from i buy tillnow..LOL!...i guess is time to change..

Hi Brandon,

wah, 42k....... you good ya...........my rear only last around 20k........

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;596037 said:
Hi Brandon,

wah, 42k....... you good ya...........mine rear only last around 20k........

cheers

agree man, tyres play until 42k? power...

ya lo..i was shock also...LOL!...

my car had a puncture today and went to mend it then i know my tyres has already wore out badly....LOL!

the staff mending my tyres was shock to see my millage 42k... with this tyres from factory..LOL!>!>!!

brandonng;596042 said:
ya lo..i was shock also...LOL!...

my car had a puncture today and went to mend it then i know my tyres has already wore out badly....LOL!

the staff mending my tyres was shock to see my millage 42k... with this tyres from factory..LOL!>!>!!

Hi Brandon,

alright, better get it changed as tyres are the only thing holding us ( plus our family ) on the road....safety first

cheers

brandonng;596036 said:

Hi brandon, Time to change tires...@42,000km! Do give us ur review after ur visit on Monday... Hurry and LS have been on good reviews :)

Here My Humble New Shoes :) F1 Asymmetric)

-Back 255/35R18
-Front 225/40R18

Just In Time For Xmas . HeHe

should go with 235/40 & 265/35 .... abit stretch for 225/255 .... nonetheless, it works

wt_know;599997 said:
should go with 235/40 & 265/35 .... abit stretch for 225/255 .... nonetheless, it works

what is the difference ar??? i not sure about all this tyres terms and number...

i onli know my back tyre is bigger then front tyre..HAHAHA!!!!

it's the tyre width. since you already have 225/255 just use it ... there should be no problem using it ;)
next time can consider 235/265 ... it's slightly wider

brandonng;600000 said:
what is the difference ar??? i not sure about all this tyres terms and number...

i onli know my back tyre is bigger then front tyre..HAHAHA!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on the new shoes. Look very nice ya. What brand are the rims ya? Vrooom vrooom.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back