exclamation light mark error

xinyan91

Hey all,

Having some issues with my bmw. Today while I was driving to work, the red exclamation mark with circle in red appeared. Tried to turn off the engine for some corrective actions, but it didn't go off. Then after a good 5 minutes, it disappeared. After reaching my office area, the light suddenly appear again. From then onwards, the light lit but whenever I made a 90 degrees turn, the light goes off. From what I gathered, its either transmission, ACS or brake fluid. I shall provide a bit of background. I had my brakes fluid done 3 months back, and changed ATF(thought no light appeared at that time) . Any idea what could be the problem? I suspect its the brake fluid again. But isn't it too early as I just flushed and filled the brake fluids? Could there be a leakage in the braking system? .

Re: exclamation light mark error

That symbol indicates something wrong with your transmission or clutch.
Better go get that checked out

Transmission problem. Time for an overhaul.

It will appear more and more often unless fixed.

To add... this "red gear" error will appear more and more often and when it does, your car will downshift to 3rd gear and will stay on 3rd gear until you shut the engine down and restart. Then it is ok again for "who-knows-when-it-will-light-up-again". I am speaking from experience and one who is a few grands poorer.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back