Exhaust for my 650ci

goforit

Hi bros!

I am new to this forum..

am thinking of a new set of exhaust for my stock 650ci.. any advise which one gives a lovely sound? increase in bhp not really important.. :)

tks!

Re: Exhaust for my 650ci

Welcome in! 650..wow

go for Eisenmann exhaust..
or straight thru? hehe:D

goforit;288317 said:
Hi bros!

I am new to this forum..

am thinking of a new set of exhaust for my stock 650ci.. any advise which one gives a lovely sound? increase in bhp not really important.. :)

tks!

i prefer yr lovely engine sound:cloud9:

Bro, congrats on the 650i. Yours a 2008? Mine's 2007. My recommendation would be to get the mid pipes and rear eisenmann-race mufflers done up (quad tips so might require minimal cutting of rear bumper). PM Wilman. He will set u up for a good deal. But bear in mind the eisenmann-race is not LTA compliant. But HECK, the sound is to die for if you love the raw rumble from American muscle cars.

If you want to take the next step up, go for headers. Only company that makes for RHD that I know of is RD Sport. Mine's arriving soon, together with mid pipes and e-race, so you might want to take the dive right away, or wait till I get mine installed then decide.

Other mods you may want to consider is the GruppeM Ram Air System, which looks completely stock except for the CF airbox (still shaped exactly as the stock box and sits perfectly in the engine bay space). The build-quality is top notch and I wouldn't recommend any other airboxes for the 6er. Prestige and build-quality is top priority for such cars.

hi ACS6

i installed eisenmann-race mufflers didn't do the mid pipes, sound like stock haha, possible to meet up with u and hear the sound, need you kind advice how to do it loud..
my friend supersprint is much louder than mine.

rgds
trevor

tt20;288588 said:
hi ACS6

i installed eisenmann-race mufflers didn't do the mid pipes, sound like stock haha, possible to meet up with u and hear the sound, need you kind advice how to do it loud..

rgds
trevor 96662766

G'day Trevor. Wonderful! Finally another 650i owner. Like-minded people are so hard to find.

You've got your e-race fittted so you're one step ahead of me. My parts will be arriving soon so once I get them fitted, we'll meet up and exchange notes.

From what I heard, u're right that e-race mufflers by themselves do not increase sound levels. Once you swap out the mid-pipes, there'll be a fair percentage change in sound. Once you put on headers, it gets even more noticeable. If you want to go all the way, remove cats, but I wouldn't suggest that unless you want people a mile away to know you're arriving.

I've my RDSport headers ordered and it's on route. Not sure if it'll delivery the 25ponies promised by manufacturer but it's no biggie coz I'm after the sound. Any performance gain will be a bonus coz I don't get to use it anyway.

So it's all talk for me right now till the parts go on. I'll post pics and sound clips when they are ready.

thanks for the reply .. mine is a smaller 645, looking forward to catch up with you soon. why not you give me a call when you are installing the parts so i will "copy" some idea if you don't mind.
would it sound good if i just remove the cat and centre box?
will it affect the the airflow sensor and light up the engine light like my previous ride?

i did a straight pipe on one of my car and it sound extreme loud but like a 125cc motor bike haha.

Hi ACS 6! tks for the information..
my car is 2007 too.. what do u think of other brands that are LTA compliant? dont want to invite trouble for myself when on the road.. hehe..
tks!

Bro goforit, LTA compliant would have to be Supersprint. But that's only for mid pipes and mufflers. No headers for RHD as yet.

tt20, I'll check for you with regards to removing cats and center box. Straight through eh? Wouldn't suggest that coz it might, and I do mean might, alter the rumble of the V8 from sweet to shite! But again, that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....

tt20;289013 said:
would it sound good if i just remove the cat and centre box?
will it affect the the airflow sensor and light up the engine light like my previous ride?

Just checked. Removing cats, engine light just blink like a X'mas tree. But safest is to remove resonators at front and rear. But not sure how much hp that'd release. I won't be removing my cats, but replacing them with high flow ones once the headers arrive.

tt20;288588 said:
hi ACS6

rgds
trevor

Yes, installed the E-race mufflers on my 645ci, and it sound a little raspier than stock but no much louder in terms of sound volume. It will sound much louder & throatier if you remove the front and center resonators. Here's a video clip of my exhaust setup. (Eisenmann race+front&center resonator bypass)
BMW 645ci with Eisenmann Muffler

ACS6;289797 said:
Just checked. Removing cats, engine light just blink like a X'mas tree. But safest is to remove resonators at front and rear. But not sure how much hp that'd release. I won't be removing my cats, but replacing them with high flow ones once the headers arrive.

You'll experience small hp gains with the front&rear resonator bypass. However, low-end torque will decline.

Before i sold my car, I've swapped my Eisenmann Race for Supersprint Race(M6 version) on my 645ci. I can say that the supersprint sounds much better on the 645ci compare to the eisenmann. It has a much deeper and throatier sound, thats better suited for the V8.

Hi gasterus.. was at Ah man place yesterday, he told me remove the center resonators doesn't make any diff. as the resonators is already straight he suguessted to open up the muffler and do a straight pipe ??? confuess
btw did you remove the resonators?
Can you send me some pic of your hamann front lip/car. i am keen to install. [email protected]
thanks

tt20;297442 said:
Hi gasterus.. was at Ah man place yesterday, he told me remove the center resonators doesn't make any diff. as the resonators is already straight he suguessted to open up the muffler and do a straight pipe ??? confuess
btw did you remove the resonators?
Can you send me some pic of your hamann front lip/car. i am keen to install. [email protected]
thanks

Removing the center resonator will slightly increase the exhaust sound. The soundclip on my previous post consist of the straight pipe from header-back with the E-race. If louder exhaust sound is what you need, you should bypass the front resonator.

Gasterus, how is the evosport pulley performing? As good as the 30hp claim?

Love the evosport headers...pure pimpin! Love the setup on your M....da big daddy!

ACS6;298687 said:
Gasterus, how is the evosport pulley performing? As good as the 30hp claim?

Love the evosport headers...pure pimpin! Love the setup on your M....da big daddy!

Frankly speaking...I don't feel much using my butt-dyno:laughlik: I do feel better midrange power delivery from the evo pulleys, but not sure if it justify 30hp increase. Power surge is better felt with the evosport headers, but the resonance in the cabin is terrible, kinda thinking switching back to stock headers.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'll let you know how I fair with mine when the rdsport headers arrive mid this month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back