Exhaust Question - Supersprint or Remus

Blacknight05

Fong Kim says Remus louder, Jeep Chee says Supersprint louder, but I am looking for a quieter exhaust on my E93, who should I believe? Lol.

Re: Exhaust Question - Supersprint or Remus

remus is more quiet and less performance than SS

Huh? Quieter? Stay stock

i'm on supersprint ... the only enjoyment is the first burst when startup engine
after that ... the sound is already stock to my ear

Blacknight05;1099161 said:
Fong Kim says Remus louder, Jeep Chee says Supersprint louder, but I am looking for a quieter exhaust on my E93, who should I believe? Lol.

Hearsay no use, go and hear it for yourself, then check your wallet, then decide.
Happy hunting for your ultimate choice, remember to check with your partner ok, some after changing gotta dekit cause OC noise louder.
Blacknight05;1099161 said:

Besides being louder, is there no performance improvement for such exhaust system on BMW?
I fitted both before on my previous rides (Peugeot), but after a while I don't feel the difference. I felt the Remus was louder, but Jeep Chee says Supersprint is open port hence louder, wanted to get some feedback from those who fitted them here. Thanks.

I had a Remus and it was loud.

It droned as well ........ Be careful about fitment especially if you plan to have diffusers because the way its installed would affect which rpm the drone would come in .......

Blacknight05;1099200 said:
Besides being louder, is there no performance improvement for such exhaust system on BMW?
I fitted both before on my previous rides (Peugeot), but after a while I don't feel the difference. I felt the Remus was louder, but Jeep Chee says Supersprint is open port hence louder, wanted to get some feedback from those who fitted them here. Thanks.

which engine? 4cyc or 6cyc?
am on Eisenmann sports on my 2L 4cyc sedan ride.....................seems quiet..( unless is Race but it is non-LTA friendly )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wt_know;1099170 said:
i'm on supersprint ... the only enjoyment is the first burst when startup engine
after that ... the sound is already stock to my ear

Hi there,

Can you comment whether you experienced the exhaust loud drone, at certain RPM? I was told Remus would drone, but not sure about SS.

TIA.

cheers.

Red_Bean_Bun;1099202 said:
I had a Remus and it was loud.

It droned as well ........ Be careful about fitment especially if you plan to have diffusers because the way its installed would affect which rpm the drone would come in .......

i read somewhere in this forum, an owner claimed that his Remus does not drone... let me find the post.....

my wife says the 4 cyl, direct injection engine, sounds like taxi.... am searching for the right aftermarket exhaust to mask away the "taxi" noise.... but am afraid of droning at certain RPM which i experienced before (from operated original muffler of another car of another make).

Cheers.

humpitydumpity;1099219 said:
i read somewhere in this forum, an owner claimed that his Remus does not drone... let me find the post.....

my wife says the 4 cyl, direct injection engine, sounds like taxi.... am searching for the right aftermarket exhaust to mask away the "taxi" noise.... but am afraid of droning at certain RPM which i experienced before (from operated original muffler of another car of another make).

Cheers.
During idling, even straight through also can hear tiak tiak lah.

My Remus for 6 cyclinder droned for a month during "running in", after tat smooth as silk like Thai airways

ac323;1099206 said:
which engine? 4cyc or 6cyc?
am on Eisenmann sports on my 2L 4cyc sedan ride.....................seems quiet..( unless is Race but it is non-LTA friendly )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Mine is 4 cylinder 2L engine. What is meant by droning? Exceptional hollowing sound? Any lack in power?

Blacknight05;1099236 said:
Mine is 4 cylinder 2L engine. What is meant by droning? Exceptional hollowing sound? Any lack in power?

hard to explain in words..... .......maybe meet up with a few owner that have different exhaust for you to feel it...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Blacknight05;1099236 said:

Imagine a power drill ...... Drilling a wall with a monotonous tone at a low speed .....

Drills whenever the ride hits a certain RPM range ........

The drone is always there in any exhaust including stock ones. Its a matter of which rpm it would become obvious.

One factor that has a big influence - the length of the exhaust between the resonators to the mufflers.
The presence of dampeners is a factor as well - if you see this on your stock muffler - please do not throw it away.

View attachment 64138

It has markings on it that indicate the frequency it dampens against - usually the low ones (drone).

Transfer it over.

What some people like are a quiet and drone free cabin and loud effects on the outside.

But if done wrongly - it may end up droning in the cabin and quiet outside ....... Don't go there.

but then again, its a BMW so the cabin will try to defuse some of the droning. I am on Remus and it drones a lot...and I actually kinda like it.

Hearsay a red e92 with remus quads very loud...dunno why.

kevinbmw;1099240 said:
but then again, its a BMW so the cabin will try to defuse some of the droning. I am on Remus and it drones a lot...and I actually kinda like it.

You must have heard wrong. That's stock.

Remus sounds great at the higher RPMs especially :)

kevinbmw;1099240 said:

time for some over-haul.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

roofless rockssssssssssssssssssssss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88comco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back